Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 3,556 through 3,570 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    mikey
        quote patina:

Visit Blake and Mikey in FL you could be racing this weekend 😆 😆 😆

Pat

Yup!! We’ve got the 1/8th mile at Lakeland, where Tom lives, and Bradenton, a 1/4 mile track down by Tom, and Palm Beach International, the old Moroso facility, about halfway to Miami. I’m sure there are others, but those are the ones I’ve been to. There is/was Orlando Speed World, but supposedly they are closing the door, don’t know why. That was the closest 1/4 mile track to me, about 30 to 40 minute drive. Take a vacation, bring the cars, we’ll all go racing!! ……….Mikey 😆

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Mikey told me Orlando Speedworld Closed up Last week…Have to search for the info…Bad week for Drag Strips.

bobby-s

Just got a reply from Bret Kepner on face book the season final scheduled event is this weekend at Orlando Speedworld.
                Lets hope it is a bogus one like E-town every spring.

don-kauer

Hey Mikey…………..That little honey is priceless 😀 😀 😀 …Don…

babycakes
                    Participant

I totally agree with Don Mikey,Tasha is the ‘prettiest’ and ‘cutest’ crew chief I have ever seen in all my years of racing!!! Your one lucky man Mikey to share her love and company,while working on your Willys! Pete.

bobby-s

correction on Orlando Speedworld,
                            Bret Kepner; Bobby, I think you missed my point. The FINAL event is this weekend.
                            THAT SUCKS

vindicator
                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Guys…Orlando Speed World is having it’s final race under Carl Weisberger’s guidance…(maybe not…forever though) this weekend… went on my “lid” there at the finish (right at 193 mph) January 27th,1973…driving the Newport News,Virginia based awesome nitro FC “Mini Brute” Opel GT of Nick Allen Opel/Buick (filling in for Dan Smoker… which I did regularly…Dan’s business kept him away @ times) spent a couple weeks in hospital there (Winter Park-Dr.David Mackey did fine surgury work ) 😆 😆 😆 …and a couple months after that to get around/race a lot in 1973 with our own fuel Pinto FC…did always tell ya’…I am a lucky…guy ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 Drake (Billy Herndon was operator/promotor back then for Orlando)…p.s. ran there a number of times for years…ok “spot”…just another..possibly gone forever 🙁 🙁 🙁

mikey

Thanks, guys, for the nice comments on my little “crew chief”. I enjoy her a whole lot when we are in the garage. She stays out of trouble, and is very curious, but careful. She is so smart that it scares me. I can lay out an assortment of tools, and if I ask for a wrench, I get one. I never ask for a size, just a wrench. Pliers, I get em. Don’t know what kind, but they’re pliers. We have a Meeting about her adoption next Tuesday, and if all goes well, it should not be much longer until she’s daughter number 5. We’ve had her since she was 12 days old, she’s now a little over 2 1/2, she’s ours!! Now, about Orlando Speedworld. As near as I can find out, the place is done. Don’t know why, but that’s what I hear. It could be a decent facility, but the management does not take care of the track unless they are having some special show, or a points meet for one of their Sanctioning Bodies. It’s a tough track, even in the best of shape, but on a Test and Tune night, stay out of the left lane!! Most wrecks are in that lane, and on T&T Night. If the right people got a hold of the track, and fixed a few things, it’s a money-maker, but, who knows. ……………..Mikey 😮 😯 😆

bobby-s

No question on this land mark gone forever,
                                        The NATHANS hot dog shop on Central Ave, is torn down, the old Historic sign will be kept, a smaller NATHANS wil be included in a new commercial row of shops. Channel 12 new from westchester had the video of the machine tearing it dowm. Bet a lot of street racing was started from there.

vindicator
                                        Participant

🙁 🙁 🙁 Hey Bobby…now that is “bad news’ ( “play” on words…the late Charlie Boucher…great guy/gentleman…racer… too… inquiring “minds”… want know…why didn’t/hasn’t somebody “cloned” his great winning pick-up???) Nathan’s-Central ave longtime landmark…good times…Nathan’s “dawgies”…although I was never a “part” of the street races that emerged from there…did hear many events took place…some pretty “serious” 😆 😆 😆 …guess…we just gotta’…get over it…in the mere “mortal” life…nothing lasts forever…’cept…maybe… just in case…don’t forget to call your physician if the “lumber” exeeds 4 hours ‘eh (almost forever ‘eh ???!!!***…almost @ “top” of my personal “bucket” list…just waitin’…to make “the”/that call… “hoss”… 😆 ) 😀 😀 😀 Drake

dino
                                            Keymaster

Drake…(“why didn’t/hasn’t somebody “cloned” his great winning pick-up???)
                                                No Clone …REAL THING RESTORED ! was at first 3 Nostalgia Drags…Restored By Roger Charbonneau……It’s gorgeous! Here it is at Lebanon…2011

Attachments:

vindicator
                                                Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Dino…thank you…yet again..two days in a row…(much thanx again for consideration of Hank Dinger-one awesome “dude”)…I finally get to “see” Charlie’s pick-up from the side…!!! 😆 😆 😆 got to see a lot of it from the rear…many times…Charlie took us to “school”…in the very early days of our Comp Eliminator efforts…he…a total class guy…always shook hands…wished you luck…(fully knowing he had us well covered) before run…gracious winner too…again shook hands…sayin’ next week could be different/”just keep at it” (it never wuz/spanked us all the time))…”old school”…the way it wuz…and always should be! 😀 😀 😀 Drake

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Hey Drake…You’ll see a bunch at this Topic about Bad News

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2504&hilit=boucher
                                                        ….Like I say ..it’s here someplace….what Car did you run against Charlie with?…I only remember the Comet as first for you.

vindicator
                                                        Participant

Hey Dino…the “car” was Al Joniec’s x-Bat Car/Hairy One…us as B/A…Charlie as a C/A…right at the tail end of Charlie’s pick-up “career”…do seem to re-call he was involved in a gas dragster Comp car after the pick-up… (not for too long)…luckily…we missed George,Joe,Brazee & Chuck Sabis “Little Giant” B/A years…the Comet ran “Street Eliminator” as A-B/gas…the Falcon Street Eliminator as C/XS…The first Fliptop fuel FC (X-Art Malone “Woody” car)…SXS (very short ownership/running) “Super Eliminator”…all in the very “old” days…1964-’68… 😀 😀 😀 lil’ did we “know”…there would be many more (cars/styles/classes) to come…over the next 45 plus years…from there! 😆 😆 😆 did tell ya’…am a lucky…’er real lucky…guy…way happy too… 😀 😀 😀 Drake..p.s. “good news” two…Bill Drake (good guy we later became pretty friendly with) ‘OL Rumble Guts”…late Hemi Austin B/A…only came to Dover (from Rochester) once a year for annual Altered meet…never could beat him either…a class guy…smart as a whip… real good racer…we had a pretty good “handle” on the B/A class week to week otherwise though…with the old “Bat Car” long-nose” altered wheelbase Holman-Moody Mustang…your first (?) gold mylar lettering work…after we painted it red… U…didn’t “forget” did ya’???!!! 😀 😀 😀 Drake

bobby-s

Latest paper article on stores opening at the OLD MARCUS DAIRY property.
                                                                http://danbury.patch.com/articles/two-shops-at-marcus-dairy-to-open-this-week#photo-12538915
                                                                enjoy

Viewing 15 posts - 3,556 through 3,570 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.