Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 3,586 through 3,600 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

Paul and I are going Saturday to the Mission Church in E. Fishkill,N.Y. for the services for Clem !
        If anyone wants to come along let me know I have room!

‘V’

dino
        Keymaster

Hooked up with Todd….manager at his Dad’s Kingston NAPA store…his Dad raced at Dover…they’ll hunt for photos,and be attending our Nostalgia Drags…sent them some Dover Goodies they ordred for Gifts.

patina
            Participant

Todd who? And what NAPA store, where is it?

Pat

babycakes
                Participant

Good question Pat,who is Todd,or his Dad? Correct me if I’m wrong Pat,but I remember a Napa Store being on Broadway,About 1/2 way down on the right hand side (blue building) that was located right before you went under the rail road tressel bridge,heading east.Remember George Goldfarb,had Guarantee Radiator almost next to it? I’m going back a few years.Maybe they’ve moved from there? Will see!

patina
                    Participant

Give that Cake a cigar! Its by the Dunken Donuts and train overpass, now I remember.

Pat

dino
                        Keymaster

Todd Coutant – Kingston….561 Broadway…. His Dad is First Selectman of Port Ewing, been there for years…Ran Mopars At Dover.

masracingtd1167
                            Participant

HO!HO! HO!

dino
                                Keymaster

Ok …whats floatin in the bowl? a Radish?

dino
                                    Keymaster

. . . . . .what is it? Lunchtime ? don’t hear any motors running.

bob-lasko
                                        Participant
                                            quote masracingtd1167:

HO!HO! HO!

only something like this could come from Billy Mas.

Bob Lasko

masracingtd1167
                                            Participant

I just thought we all could use a little something to laugh about!

dino
                                                Keymaster

Bruce Hertel (HemiHead) sent me this….with…”My Kind of Sled”

Attachments:

mikey

I swiped that one of FB, and sent it to a couple of my buddies down here. Pretty cool!!

bobby-s

Been advertized for a while just got it in an e-mail. At least the new owners are a race family.

Atco Raceway Sold

Atco, NJ Wednesday December 19, 2012 –Atco Raceway was sold in its entirety to
                                                            Mr. Len Capone Jr. of Berlin, New Jersey. The negotiation for the oldest
                                                            continually operating drag strip on the East Coast took over 16 months and has
                                                            concluded on a Win light for all…the track will continue to operate as it has in
                                                            the past.

The Capone families are very familiar with the racing scene and have a great
                                                            passion for the sport of drag racing. Len Capone Sr. a racer himself who was
                                                            present for the 1960 opening day of Atco Raceway worked in the tech department
                                                            on Memorial Day weekend. Len Capone Jr. started as a sportsman racer and is
                                                            very well known for his Top Alcohol Funny Car “The Bear” that raced the strip in
                                                            the late 80’s and 90’s.

Joe Sway has been retained as Director of Operations and is under exclusive
                                                            contract for 2013 and 2014 with 3-1 year options to follow.

The 2013 tentative schedule will be posted on the web site AtcoRaceway.com mid
                                                            January. There are no major changes to the race schedule for 2013~a couple of
                                                            new races will be added but for the most part you will see our lineup has not
                                                            changed.

Atco Raceway would like to thank everyone for their participation in the 2012
                                                            race season. We are positive that the continued support of all racers, fans and
                                                            patrons will continue to make this a racing destination and the #1 track on the
                                                            East Coast.

Atco would like to address all gift cards that have been previously purchased
                                                            and all purchased with the holiday deal…All gift cards must be used by November
                                                            30, 2013.

vindicator
                                                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Bobby…good re-post of “sale” press release…’course you “know”…that there is pending serious litigation from on track 2010 accident/death of Bronx racer…involving Atco,Joe Sway,NHRA…for big $$$ (lawsuit is for 50 million!)…selling track/changing ownership “smart” move for continuation…when “settlement” (U…can count on it) ultimately gets in place…and for sure…as per a longtime genuine…friend…the late Vinny “Napp” of Raceway Park…there will…be a $ettlement…sadly…the “legal-ese”…scenario in the northeast…is at the proverbial drop of a hat…let’s hope Atco can survive this for the long term…’eh… 😀 😀 😀 Drake…p.s. a lil’ tip” for Joe (Sway)…when Mrs Cruz…”testifies”… as the “beraved” widow…lay off the “bling”…rolex,pinky rings,chains…on his “person” 😆 😆 😆 a good guy…in a not so “good” spot ‘eh…

Viewing 15 posts - 3,586 through 3,600 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.