Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,081 through 4,095 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY
        Side note if the balance is way off the mark,break down the wheel and tire and spin the tire 180.

‘V’

patina
        Participant

Thanks VB, thought of that, I’m running tubes and elected to balance the wheels.

P

mikey

Why not tubeless, Pat?? Tubes make it hard to keep the proper balance, and they weigh a ton!!. JKO
                ………………..Mikey :mrgreen:

patina
                Participant

Magnesium wheels Mickey, they are porous and have a tendency to leak. I don’t feel like putting air in them every week or opening the trailer door and discovering a flat. As far as weight goes I’m thinking about putting the lead filled bumper back on to add weight and slow the car down 🙁

Pat

hvy70ss
                    Participant

Pat, The tube-tubeless debate goes on…My .02 on this is tubeless. Weight and balance issues come up as Mikey says. At the track,if you pick up any sharp object it will puncture tube also. Also have heard of tubes “pulling’ into rim causing leaks. Most NHRA stock guys are tubeless with 9 inch tires running as quick as mid 9s. Just my thoughts.

Smitty

bobby-s

Billy M. Bobby LaRegina said you forgot this one, 😮 😯

Attachments:

bobby-s

The ADAMS diner being relocated, open picture to see side note. Another landmark saved from the trach pile. 😉 🙂 😀

Attachments:

patina
                                Participant

Looks like it’s going to be a good day at the Valley Sunday. Neto is racing both days. Car is loaded up(I never unloaded it) went over the valves we’re ready. Dino did you ever get the picture of my first MG that I sent you?

Pat

mikey

Pat, I have a friend that runs a Nostalgia Henry J, and he also has the older style Magnesium Rims. He spayed an Epoxy type resin on the inside of the rims and has run them tubeless for several years with no air loss. Just thought I’d throw that out there at ya.I also know a guy that has a ’62 Impala with the older American Mags that did the same thing. He just shows the car, but he drives it to the shows. …………..Mikey :mrgreen:

patina
                                        Participant
                                            quote BOBBY S.:

The ADAMS diner being relocated, open picture to see side note. Another landmark saved from the trach pile. 😉 🙂 😀

A friend of mine knows who bought the Diner, a guy with money who lives on Quaker Hill in Pawling and has a gigantic car collection. He says the guy is putting it up on property he has in Patterson and was told by an employee of the guy that ” the only food that the diner will have in it is what we bring from the deli to eat”

Pat

patina
                                            Participant

Was coming back from Laragina’s Wednesday and stopped for a coffee across from Marist college, sitting on a trailer was this 55 Chevy with big “Casey” “Odd Job” wheel well openings. I could not get out of the car fast enough. Only have my “dumb phone” so I snapped these pictures. Guy it taking it back to Alabama his name is Wade Griffen. The late Frank Semanzick (sp) had it laying in his shop, son Brian and Wade are friends. BBC, Chrysler 8-3/4 rear 4 speed glass nose etc. Was owned by a “Hydro Henry” and maybe ran out of a shop “M&H Machine” in Yonkers has some decals on it, “Dover Drag Strip” “Fairbanks transmission” Hilborn injection. Wade didn’t know much more about car.

Pat

Attachments:

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY

Great catch Pat !!!
                                                    Reflexes like a cat!!!!
                                                    Never know what youll see runnin down the road!
                                                    OH, Pat ,save me a spot next to you at The Valley Sunday! What time will you be gettin there???
                                                    My ace crew of Pete and Mike will be there to help me out !!!

‘V’

patina
                                                    Participant

VB I SHOULDbe there by 8:15AM I will save a spot for you, planning on pitting where I was for the 5th. Found the last picture. Hope to see EVERYBODY SUNDAY Its the end of the season guys.

Pat

Attachments:

bobby-s

Great article on Bee Line Willys, 6 pages, dover pictures also, the Fall 2013 issue of Traditional ROD & KULTURE Illustrated magazine, cover picture of an Olds I-beamed woody.

vbob
                                                            Participant

HEY

Thanks Pat, I’ve got to work tonite till 11pm ,everythings in the driveway but I cant load up till tomorrow morning cause I have to use my pickup to get to work! If I can pit next to you that would be great! Be nice if we could match race in time trials together!!!
                                                                See you ODF’s there!!!!!!!

‘V’

Viewing 15 posts - 4,081 through 4,095 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.