Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,126 through 4,140 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Hey ‘Mater’,sounds like you had a ‘great’ day at Island, and happy with the ‘Tomatobolt’s’ performance! Also thank you for sharing some terrific photos at the event! 😯 😉 Pete.

hvy70ss
        Participant

Hey ‘Mater,
            Good seeing ya @ Island. You’re making great progress with the car! Around 4:30 I came over to your trailer but you had left. I ran into so many people that I actually got hoarse from talking all day!! Maybe get some more seat time before the snow flies?? Let me know.

Smitty

babycakes
            Participant

‘Mater’, Mikey’s threatening to send up from Florida, a gang called the ‘Paint Posse’ to paint those bumpers ‘argent’ on your ‘Tomatobolt’, beware!!! 😮 😆

mikey

😈 silver 😈 silver 😈 silver 😈 silver 😈 silver :mrgreen:

patina
                    Participant

Pete the car did go to the Pacers and Bob Pettrcelli but Gorge backed out leaving Bob to run it alone he then sold it to guy in CT.

Pat

babycakes
                        Participant

Thanks again Pat. Now the last piece of the puzzle fits in. Jack had to sell it to Bob Petrucelli ? In turn,the ‘Pacers’ did the work,putting in a 460 ‘hemi’,and painting it white! Bob advertised it for sale in the Drag Times (or Drag News) in ’66’ as a ‘roller’ asking $1800. Bob living in Brooklyn at the time. Bob sold it to Gillis Bertran in Ct. Put a small block Chevy in it.a ‘fancy’ orange-red paint job with scallops applied. It ran BB/GS and the driver was Walt Cagney. And it goes on to 4 other owners from there! Whew! Now being restored to period correct in ’64’ by it’s present owner Ron Normann, from Il. Now I know!!!

babycakes
                            Participant

Thanks again Pat. Now the last piece of the puzzle fits in. Jack had to sell it to Bob Petrucelli ? In turn,the ‘Pacers’ did the work,putting in a 460 ‘hemi’,and painting it white! Bob advertised it for sale in the Drag Times (or Drag News) in ’66’ as a ‘roller’ asking $1800. Bob living in Brooklyn at the time. Bob sold it to Gillis Bertran in Ct. Put a small block Chevy in it.a ‘fancy’ orange-red paint job with scallops applied. It ran BB/GS and the driver was Walt Cagney. And it goes on to 4 other owners from there! Whew! Now being restored to period correct in ’64’ by it’s present owner Ron Normann, from Il. Now I know!!!

babycakes
                                Participant

OOPS! Sorry guys I ‘double’ clicked entry! 😳 Pete.

patina
                                    Participant

More from Mills I can’t get photo bucket to work.

Pat

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                        Participant

….. GUYS ❗ thanks and glad to see you liked the pictures ❗ 😀 “PAT” “FRANK” “CAKES” “SMITTY” got some more pictures 😀 found one of us bullsh#tin in the staging lanes ( I mean leaning on my car ) Revin Smitty Tomato ……. and how bout this 56 Chevy ❗ Man it was NICE ❗ I would have a 56 cuase thats when a was born ❗ ………..OH yea “MIKEY” send the “PAINT POSSE” up I just got 500 rounds for my 30-30 Winchester ❗ 😆 luv U mikey 😀 ❗

Attachments:

babycakes
                                            Participant

It’s nice to see the ‘support’,especially financial wise, that ‘Island Dragway’ got from you guys this past weekend, they needed that,that’s for sure! Plus you had a ‘great’ time to boot! I hope to see Island stay ‘alive’ again for a long,long time! We’ve lost too many (like ‘Dover’) to only be but an old memory in our minds. Whenever you can,please continue to support ‘Island’,it’s now 50+ years old,with plenty of history under it’s belt!

patina
                                                Participant

Hey somebody ought to check up on Dino.

Pat

Attachments:

patina
                                                    Participant

Pete this is the 55 I was telling you and Larry about.

Pat

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                        Participant

Hey Pat, Casey would love this 55 Chevy. Wheel wells cut all around ❗ 😆

Frank…

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Pat. thank you for that shot that ’55’ Chevy ‘stock’ car,at the Mills Mansion. I’m going to make a copy to send to Larry. Also Larry and I appreciate ya taking the time yesterday for a get together at your home,talking ‘ole’ times,letting me know the scoop on Bob P.,ect. Both Larry and I impressed on the front chassis work on your ’57’ project. Thanks for letting us take a peak at it’s progress. Very ‘nice’ and ‘neat’ work Pat!

Viewing 15 posts - 4,126 through 4,140 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.