Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,246 through 4,260 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Congrats V man…………. 😎 Love you brother……..Don……. 🙂

hvy70ss
        Participant

Congrats V-BOB!! Wishing great health and happiness on your retirement. Hope this means more time @ the ‘Valley this season. 😀

Bobby Smith

dino
            Keymaster

Had a nice phone-talk with the V-Man. He’s planning field trips to all the local (to Him) Dover Vets. And I elevated him to his new Title…”.East Coast Under Assistant ODF promotional coordinator and covert operations Project engineer”. With his new free time ….watch your back..He could show up anyplace. His first assignment is getting the March Dover-Fest set up with Brian & Big Al.

vbob
                Participant

HEY

Thanks guys!!!

I hope I will be up to the demands and responsabilities of being the new E.C.U.O.D.F.C.C.O.!!!
                    Oh, Dino ,can I have tomorrow off!

‘V’

dino
                    Keymaster

No 😆 ……… Get To Work …We got A Dover Fest And Race to promote.

babycakes
                        Participant

Thank goodness you don’t ‘stutter’ V Bob! It be hell when someone would ask you to give them your ‘new’ complete title in the ODF c lub !!! 😮 🙄 😆

patina
                            Participant

Denver over Patriots now to get the other game out of the way. 🙄 I can’t wait till racing starts, Winter Nationals, Daytona and Dover VI 😎

Pat

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

My sons upcoming exhibit at http://www.gunnlibrary.org/museum.html is on the 100th anniversary of The Great War!
                                    Anyone have any books, artifacts, relatives that served during W W I .
                                    Let me know what you have.
                                    Thanks.
                                    ‘V’

patina
                                    Participant

VB I didn’t know you had a son and the curator of a museum to boot 😯 I think our VFW post has some stuff I can look tomorrow I have a meeting there. Whudda thunk 😆

Pat

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Thanks Pat!
                                            The last soldiers of The Great War passed on ten years ago.
                                            You can contact the Gunn directly!

Thanks again,
                                            ‘V’

340swinger
                                            Participant

V-Bob, I have the perfect artifact but it’s out here in Los Angeles. My Grandfather was in R.O.T.C. at the Conn. School of Agriculture ( now U-Conn.) then the Army, I ended up with his 1898 Springfield with bayonet.
                                                ( incidentally, he managed the Kent School farm in Kent Ct. from the early 20’s into the 60’s ) Wish I could be there, I’d love to see the exhibit!
                                                Bob Hoffman

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY

Thanks for the reply.Bob.Maybe I can find info.on him here in Litchfield county.
                                                    What was your Grandfathers name?That is a treasure for sure,thanks for sharing.
                                                    Keep in touch with the exhibit when it opens in May.
                                                    Lots on the net and Youtube on WW1.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIRoetUSq4E
                                                    ‘V’

patina
                                                    Participant

Just took the belts out of the car to be re-certified and Brother Mike is taking my seat down to Laragina’s to be welded we cut about 2″ off the sides that was digging into my thigh and hip area, now we need to weld a smooth round edge on. Next is a primer pump for the FI and lastly the radiator.

Pat

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY

Yeah Pat!
                                                            Belts!
                                                            Easy thing to forget!
                                                            its one of those things you do and 2 years goes by in a flash and you go to race ,tec. checks the date and no racing!
                                                            Just looked at mine last week put them in May 2012 !
                                                            I just buy new ones!
                                                            Whats the total for the mfg . to recert.?
                                                            Probably the same as buying new ones!

‘V’

dino
                                                            Keymaster

So V-Bob calls me up to tell me his Dream he had last night…Whoa- this guy has some serious flashbacks…..about talking to ME at the Track- Back Then…about the future…internet and a company called Apple..Told me (In Dream) to invest in Apple. Somebody go put a padlock on his Footlocker.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,246 through 4,260 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.