Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,276 through 4,290 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

PAT …in some old garage shot …we SEE a 57 in your garage ? And whats with Brother Mikes Comp Coupe ? need an update !

patina
        Participant

The 57 in my garage will never again be a stocker, I certainly made sure of that 😳 😳 😳 I wish I had the urge 20 years ago it would have been easy then . Brother Mike’s car is waiting for a motor, probably by Dover 10.

Pat

vbob
            Participant

I just thought I would post this because the Vietnam war had such an affect on our young lives.
                Tomorrow, January 31st in 1968 the United Sates of America suffered the deadliest day of the war. 245 young men died on this day !
                We should always remember this day and pray to our Lord to comfort them.

‘V’

patina
                Participant

Some people are so talented they are in a class of their own. Video: tiny Ardun V8 — hear it roar! | Mac’s Motor City Garage

Go to Hamb for this one;
                    THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > Traditional Discussion & Happenings
                    Reload this Page Art & Inspiration Ford 9″ differential in 1/3 scale all we need is a trans and I can put it in my 1/3rd scale Willys P/U

Pat

Attachments:

tomblake
                    Participant

Pat……The 1/3rd scale Willys P/U is so cool. Looks like an interesting project. What is your plans for it?

patina
                        Participant

In a perfect world I would find a machinist that would build me a blown and injected SBC w/ auto trans and Olds/Pont. rear and build a radio controlled this. 😎 😎 😎

Attachments:

tomatohead
                            Participant

…… thats a great picture ❗ Island Dragway ❗ …….. did Merkel ever run at Dover ❓

hvy70ss
                                Participant

Pat..That is awesome! Years ago I was heavy into RC drag racing and did some 1/4 scale oval too. It would not take much to get that going. To get it rolling on a budget 1/4 scale electric hardware could be the way to go. I can see it now at LVD at the line!!

Bobby Smith

babycakes
                                    Participant

‘Mater’ Jack Merkel ran Island Dragway many times during the early and mid 60’s, more with his 39 Willys B/GS. When I lived in Jersey back then,and me and my partner Bill had our B/G Willys; I loved to watch Jack ‘blast’ off the line,lifting the left front wheel! He was the B/GS ‘UNTOUCHABLE’ back then! In the early 60’s there was the Willys trio that showed up; Jack,B/GS , Tarantino-Cruciata’s C/GS, and Sanzo-Pellicane A/G. Back then,that was the ‘show of shows’ and I was glued to the pits fence, when any of them ran! Pat D. will tell ya, Eddie Sanzo was a ‘man of no fear’! His red Willys PU ( pictured) was like riding a ‘wild’ bronco! Yet,some how he hung on to it; however, he eventually ‘totaled’ it. When we were ‘flat’ towing our Willys to Island, doing 75 mph, a sudden ‘Whisch’ go by us in a Pontiac, (about 85 to 95mph) towing a 40 4dr. Willys, no other than Eddie Sanzo! Pat,it would be ‘great’ to duplicate Eddie’s P/U in that scaled down Willys P/U body of yours, with some kind of ‘power’ source!!!

babycakes
                                        Participant

‘Mater’, I didn’t really answer your question of Merkel running at Dover. There’s a couple of pictures on the Dover forum of his 39 Willys.One in the ‘hot cars’ area, and the other,taken in the tower,looking down on him on the starting line,in the right lane. So,no doubt, he ran at Dover also! Eddie S. and Vinnie T ran Dover also.

dino
                                            Keymaster
                                                quote TomBlake:

Pat……The 1/3rd scale Willys P/U is so cool. Looks like an interesting project. What is your plans for it?

How Big exactly is it?…Can you cut the roof out and really fit in & drive it?

xdragnewsphotog

Hey Guys, Just checking in….I hope?

patina
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

quote TomBlake:

How Big exactly is it?…Can you cut the roof out and really fit in & drive it?

No Dino. It has a 33″ wb and the body is about 24″ tall. It was originally meant as one of those ride on motorized cars with a weedwacker motor.

Pat

patina
                                                        Participant

OK if we all had 55 gal drums on the ground with the tops off and collected ALL the snow here we could send it out to California where there is a drought 🙄 🙄 🙄 . They closed Interstate 84 in NY from PA to CT 😮 😮 😮 . I got about 8″ so far and south of me they are predicting sleet and an inch of ice. For our southern buddies that moved away from here a little reminder 😆 😆 turn the A/C up real high to get the sensoround affect 🙄 🙄 🙄

Where’s that ground hog? 👿 👿 👿

Pat

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Pat D. not so bad (so far) up ‘north’ here by Lake George! It’s mid morning and only about 3″ so far. I got my snow blower in my staging lane, ( no wheelie bars) ready to go! It’s suppose to be light snow, all through the day they said,so looks like a late cleanup in hand! Hey! Get those skies waxed up, and head to Bel Aire or Hunter tomorrow, your 2nd love sport!!! 😉 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 4,276 through 4,290 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.