Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,291 through 4,305 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    ricky-white
    Participant

Hey Babycakes where are in Lake George ? I live about a mile north of village, we got about a foot of snow already today and still snowing like hell. Any snowmobilers coming up for winter carnival this weekend should have great conditions

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

See….Ya never know what Old Dover Fart is right around the corner…way Back we created a member (Only applied to Odf Members) Map locator. But It got really out of hand trying to keep up with -NOW- 1500 names and stuff. So much on here to Babysit…I loose track sometimes. IDEA…If you want to stay anonymous But ‘Hook-Up’, Mention like these too did, a General Location…or “Lead:” then click on that guys user name …goes to his Profile And PM>private Message” or E-mail . That old Buddy might be closer than you think. Like when I checked out New sponsor RaceMasters in ( Albany Area)’s website…There’s a shot of Clustergear’s Camaro in their Shop. Talked to head honcho- Joe ,originally from Long Island and told him ALL about That- Fred’s Speed Shop on “Gears” Roof.

patina
            Participant

OK I GIVE UP

Clutch just went on my 62 Jeep CJ-5 and it’s still snowing and that freaking ground hog says 6 more weeks 👿

Pat

john-sachs-sr
                Participant

82 here and just started raining. 🙁
                    John

ricky-white
                    Participant
                        quote dinotheweirdo:

See….Ya never know what Old Dover Fart is right around the corner…way Back we created a member (Only applied to Odf Members) Map locator. But It got really out of hand trying to keep up with -NOW- 1500 names and stuff. So much on here to Babysit…I loose track sometimes. IDEA…If you want to stay anonymous But ‘Hook-Up’, Mention like these too did, a General Location…or “Lead:” then click on that guys user name …goes to his Profile And PM>private Message” or E-mail . That old Buddy might be closer than you think. Like when I checked out New sponsor RaceMasters in ( Albany Area)’s website…There’s a shot of Clustergear’s Camaro in their Shop. Talked to head honcho- Joe ,originally from Long Island and told him ALL about That- Fred’s Speed Shop on “Gears” Roof.

Dino you hit the nail on the head with above post, about how we may living to very close each other. While running at the Valley on a rental in early September I was running 11:20s. I had been running car with full exhaust to keep it above 11:50 because I didn’t want to put a roll bar in the car. Really didn’t want to cut a car that my son and I had done a frame off many years ago. I saw RaceMaster sign about chassis work that is next to the line at the Valley. Well I took a ride down to Joe’s shop (RaceMasters) to look at the work he was doing. I was very impressed with his fabrication and welding, so I made an appointment to bring my car in for a 5 point roll bar. Joe’s shop is about half way between Albany and Lake George. When I dropped the car off and was giving my info to Joe, lands up he lives about a mile away from me. I now have a roll bar and a new friend. I use my name Ricky White on Facebook and have hooked up with many old friends on the Dover Drag Strip page. I tried about a year ago to change my user name Clustergear to my name but couldn’t figure out how to do it. Guess thats what happens when guys like me grow up with AM radio and black & white tv not computers. I know just about enough about these things to be dangerous.

dino
                        Keymaster

Clustergear IS NOW Ricky White ! Login just the why I Switched It Caps and space between words. You can’t do that, BUT I CAN ( Administrator …If OK ?) If Not I Can Change it Back……..Hey This Is Fun….Changed Mine Too

babycakes
                            Participant

Ricky,your ‘right’! I’m from Fort Ann,and boy did we get ‘hammered’ right after lunch! I’m waiting for a warm up a little before cleanup.No doubt,it’s at least a foot! John Sachs,your ‘rubbing salt into the wound’! lol. Seriously John,in the winter,your in the right place!!! Pat D. I really feel bad for you with no clutch in your Jeep, especially there predicting more snow Sunday. Pat,I’m thinking, would it be ‘easier’ if you pulled the engine, rather than fight removal of the trans. and transfer case assy. facing rusted and frozen mountings? Unless you’ve been storing it inside, it pays it’s dues sitting outside for years,facing the elements, underneath the vehicle, which I know your fully aware of! Just ‘food for thought’ Pat.I always wondered why these problems happen in the worst times and conditions during winter?

super-sport-pete
                                    quote patina:

OK I GIVE UP

Clutch just went on my 62 Jeep CJ-5 and it’s still snowing and that freaking ground hog says 6 more weeks 👿

Pat

, pat, don’t give up the ship. I did a number of them back in the day. as cakes said, pull the motor,but just pull it forward if you can, far enough to get the clutch out. OR, pull the trans back far enough, and support it with a chain. maybe you have done this already. I remember doing one at 2a.m. on a one post lift in a gas station. we had plowing contracts, so it had to be done asap. I would pull it before I order parts,the trans is also fragile in these. otherwise, much better to plow with in tight spots . P. S. rock auto clutch kit, 86.00.

ricky-white
                                    Participant
                                        quote DINO:

Clustergear IS NOW Ricky White ! Login just the why I Switched It Caps and space between words. You can’t do that, BUT I CAN ( Administrator …If OK ?) If Not I Can Change it Back……..Hey This Is Fun….Changed Mine Too

Thanks

dino
                                        Keymaster

Snow…? don’t feel bad ,just talked to Ron Norman (Beeline Willys owner) in Herron. Ill. Close to Wisconsin. FOUR FEET of snow on the ground and 8 degree temp. Says he has a 12 ft. tall pile of snow at the end of the driveway from the highway plows.

john-sachs-sr
                                            Participant

Cakes,
                                                No rubbing in. 🙂 🙂
                                                Had to bust my ass, and cut the lawn…….. 83 degrees, and a quart of sweat. 🙁 😯 🙁
                                                John

hvy70ss
                                                Participant

Hey Folks…Looking for a little help here. Anybody have or know anybody that has Geico auto insurance? I’m interested in what experience they’ve had dealing with them. Considering switching from Allstate. Thanks in advance!

Bobby Smith

super-sport-pete

BOB, we use a local guy who works out of his house. a one man “band”. we got away from the “big names” about 15 years ago and saved $1,000.00 right off the bat for better coverage. we brought our old policy in ,and he showed us. we have all of our policy with him (home & auto). also great service when I buy a car.

ricky-white
                                                        Participant

Here’s something a little differant. This weekend one of the Winter Caranval events on the ice here in Lake George is 4 wheel drive drag racing. Snow flying all over the place and spin outs. As you can see not all the cars are 4wd.

Attachments:

ricky-white
                                                            Participant

Here’s a shot standing behind the line, like a somebody pointing a snow blower at you

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 4,291 through 4,305 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.