Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

Thats cause everybody is working on sumptin. Mikey hope your umbrella is workin 😆 Seems like Dino needs one too 😆 We are getting it tomorrow, thats why I mowed today. My new hood also arrives tomorrow. 😎

tomatohead
        Participant

…….. yes workin for a livin but not that office crap 😆 😀 ❗ ………………

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster
                quote patina:

Thats cause everybody is working on sumptin. Mikey hope your umbrella is workin 😆 Seems like Dino needs one too 😆 We are getting it tomorrow, thats why I mowed today. My new hood also arrives tomorrow. 😎
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ahe41BXX0I

HUEY !….one of my all time favorites! You picked ’em good today!
                Mater …could have used that scooper today!…digging holes for sign posts OLD SKOOL-shovel.

mikey

Don’t you have a post hole digger? I thought all you sign guys had one. I’m not a sign guy and I have one………….Mikey 😆

dino
                    Keymaster

Said shovel to be funny..actually use power auger on the deep ones.

patina
                        Participant

Been up an hour now having b-fast and waiting for my hood to arrive 😀 We are then going over to a friends to check out the fenders on a 31 Chevy his uncle left him, it seem the uncle tried driving the car through an opening that was 2″ narrower than the car and flattened the fender beads. 😮 Then it back in the closet for me 😆

Pat

don-kauer

Hey, Casey said he’s got a nice Ford Motor for your MG…………A Flathead 😆

patina
                                Participant

Thats pretty funny Kauer, but you don’t know how close to a true statement that is. 😮 Once upon a time (1962) in a land of hot rodders and Elvis sat a 52 MG TD in a yard with a Ford flathead V-60 in it just waiting for a V-8 Chevy.
                                    True story

don-kauer

So you had one already………..My first hot rods were Flatheads….Lots of fun until the 283’s started kicking my ass…I then became a Chevy guy………… 😆

mikey

Funny how the 6 extra cubes of a 289 still could not sneak up on a 283. I could never figure out if it was the rev-ability of the small block Chevy or what, but it just seemed like you had to spend a lot of money to make a Ford run with a Chevy. And, no, I’m not picking on Fords, it’s just my opinion, and something that always made me go, hm. Mikey 😆

P.S. I new a lot of guys with Fords that ran real good, but they spent a lot of money on them, especially in circle track racing. Only one guy could ever get them to really haul, and that was Rich Ricci from up around New Paltz or Accord. Another Ford guy was Bob Wenland from Precision Engine in Middletown, N.Y. I believe he did Rich’s engines.

patina
                                            Participant

Mikey it had to be the heads, I just compared the specs and pertinet ratios and the ford short block seems to be mechanicaly better. It had a bigger bore which would unshroud the intake charge better. A shorter stroke 2.87 as opposed to 3.0. Its rod length to stroke ratio was 1.8 to the chevy 1.9 real close over 1.65 is good, A chevy 400 has a ratio of 1.48 (sucks) So all indications ar it should have performed better.

Pat

don-kauer

Mikey, you’ve probably hit a sour note with some of the Ford guys here 😛 …Let me start by saying the Chevy smallblock had the design, better breathing and the parts were all over the place and they were CHEAP…..For your dollar you could do more………..As the saying goes “more bang for your buck”…… 🙂 Now I will say if you had the bucks the to spend you could do well with the Fords also……………..But you know that this crap is all over now…I do feel the 351 Windsor is on par to the Chevy 350 and Mopars 340-360 the same………..I think it’s all on a level playing field now …The same with all the big block motors…………Tha aftermarket has taken over and made all the brands equal…Now the only thing for bragging rights is: what do you want to drive? They are ALL good at this point and we are ALL in it together 😀 …………….PS…….My FORD will be here Wed. May 26th…………Can’t wait to put the BOWTIES on the doors 😆 😆 😆

mikey

Don, as I said in my post, I was not picking at or on a Ford, I had just always wondered about the cost of performance differences, and Mopars were always pretty sporty, from the 273 in the early Cuda’s to the 340s in the Dusters. I think it was the cost difference in the parts, or maybe the availability of the parts made them more pricey. Not trying to start a war, just curious, and wondered who would say what. Pat had a good point, and so do you. Bore and stroke difference is important, as is cylinder head flow, vale size and angle, and runner length. The thing is, when you’re a kid, you don’t think of these things, all you think of is the $$$$. Then when you get older, you’re kind of stuck with what you know, or think you know. I’m sure some of the guys will get testy, but I hope not. ……………………Mikey 😆

patina
                                                        Participant

Sh** I typed a bunch aND ITS GONE

p

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Pat…Trick– Do it in segments…Type a bunch -submit…go back,HIT edit …type some more -hit submit.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.