Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,366 through 4,380 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    frank-j-majauskas
    Participant

Hey Guys, I had the pleasure along with Mike Leroux to spend some time with Al Oakes
        yesterday at his home. Al raced the Loehmann Chevrolet ”64 Impala B/FX and quite a
        few other race cars. Billy Casey once told me that Al Oakes was one of his heroes. Billy
        said, “Anyone that tows an Anglia to the track with a ”39 Chevy coupe is definitely COOL” ❗
        Al is 87 yrs old now and is as sharp as a tack. It was so great to listen to his stories. If
        anyone remembers, Al rode his motorcycle to the Dover Fest @ Big Al’s two years ago. Al
        says he will try and make this year’s Dover Fest, probably not on his bike though. 😆 Al is
        quite a guy and I hope he makes it to the Feat and you guys get a chance to chat with him.

Frank… 😎
        ps. That ”39 Chevy tow vehicle eventually ended up with a 409 in it while Al owned it….
        HOW COOL IS THAT ❓ 😀

Attachments:

vbob
        Participant

HEY

Does anyone know what the 8 1/4 painted on the side of the 1964 Chevy “Growler” was suppose to mean????

‘V’

dino
            Keymaster

V-Bob- FRANK …This Calls for a “Where Are they Now” New Topic! You got the Photos and the Info …Go for it! I’ll add shots from the “Big Files” and we’ll have a winner! Otherwise …This cool info will end up Buried in this Chat Topic.

dino
                Keymaster

Found this today….wait through the ‘commercial… you’ll be moved:
                    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-8-year-old-turns-20-into-priceless-gift/

tomblake
                    Participant

Dino….that was really cool. What a kid.

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

Southbury,Ct. man wins BIG!

Attachments:

don-kauer
                                quote DINO:

Found this today….wait through the ‘commercial… you’ll be moved:
                                http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-8-year-old-turns-20-into-priceless-gift/

Dino…..Awesome….You got me with this one 😥

babycakes
                                Participant

Don, I totally agree, I choked up at the end when I saw him hugging his father’s gravestone with all his might!

dino
                                    Keymaster

Yup Me Too…My Dad was buried in his dress Army uniform…His request Lt.Col -infantry…Normandy

dino
                                        Keymaster

OK .The heck with the cold . . . Springs coming -this will get ya going ..This Is Cool …..Turn It Up & enjoy….Sorry chevy Guys …This Ones for the Ford Guys AND 4-speeds in Anything :

patina
                                            Participant

This is coming to you from my new IPod it sucks took me 45min to get this far give me a dime and a phone booth Pat

patina
                                                Participant

Entered on an old desk top. I needed a dose of humor 😆 http://youtu.be/Oj8RIEQH7zA

Pat

dino
                                                    Keymaster
                                                        quote patina:

This is coming to you from my new IPod it sucks took me 45min to get this far give me a dime and a phone booth Pat

My kid can multi-task on his with about 20 apps open at once…He Can…I don’t even want one

patina
                                                        Participant

How long does it take “YOU” to change your tires 😆 😆 😆 http://biggeekdad.com/2014/02/ferrari-pit-stop/

Pasquale Linguine

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Pat,thanks for sharing, that’s ‘amazing’! LIGHTNING FAST!!!! 😮 😮 😮 😮

Viewing 15 posts - 4,366 through 4,380 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.