Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,591 through 4,605 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    kman
    Participant

hi pat…i suppose i should have introduced myself first … those pics were taken at the rhinebeck show a few years ago. i was just wandering around and saw the MG… i remembered that car from dover.. you walked up and we talked a bit. you also told me about this site. well… i finally got around to joining … sooo… thats my story… the pics of v bobs vega were taken a few weeks ago at lebanon valley…

dino
        Keymaster

Welcome Aboard K-Man ! another Lost pilgrim comes home.

kman
            Participant

Dino… thank you for your time getting me through the “technical difficulty” i had joining the site … much appreciated… safe ride my friend and see ya’ at the valley…

dino
                Keymaster

FYI…I’ll be hitting the road heading north at the end of the day Wed. So don’t call the shop…you’ll only get the answering machine. I Will post from ‘secure’ locations …newsworthy tidbits as I get them. Plan to be at the track all day Friday. Gotta sweep up and empty the garbage for Howie.

kman
                    Participant

been searchin’ for some dover pics that i know i got somewhere … but… found this… me back in the day gettin’ my fingerprints all over ed roths beatnick bandit… believe the show was at the new york colosseum….

dino
                        Keymaster

Packing My Chevy Van and ready to roll

kman
                            Participant

see ya’ at the show Dino…..

kman
                                Participant

is anyone else into this petro collecting ?????????? … this is our guest room… under construction….

patina
                                    Participant

Looks like a gas pump I sold at Rhinebeck about 10 years ago. Just sold my porcelain “Willys Service sign” last month. Have a few other items I’m selling

Pat

kman
                                        Participant

might just be that pump pat… got it from a friend that is always at the show… got it years ago… i’m interested what you got for sale….

babycakes
                                            Participant

kman, it’s been ‘many’ moons since I saw the ole Flying ‘A’ sign! My racing partner Bill, was a 1/2 owner in a gas station,and auto repair shop and sold Flying ‘A’ gas back in the late 50’s, early 60’s.That’s where I learned all the ‘basics’ of auto repairs. You’ll ‘never’ see this again, 18 cents for regular,22 cents for high test back then! Here’s a laugh! I used to fix flat tires ( with tubes) for a buck there,and pump the gas for every customer that came in,wash the windshield,and ask to check under the hood. Bottom line,…yup, miss them days! Thanks for bringing back a ‘golden’ memory! 😉

tomblake
                                                Participant

The “Flying A Service” does bring back memories from that time. Spent a lot of time at Nick’s Flying A Service in Stratford. Used his compressor for days porting and polishing heads for my E/G 55. We use to be able to buy gas and charge it. No credit cards back than so being able to charge the gas bill till payday was a big help for us.

kman
                                                    Participant

i believe there was a big Flying A gas station on boston post road right at the bronx/pelham border right near the “hutch” pky. overpass… in later years it went to sunoco… hope the info is correct and not just another senior moment.. HA …

kman
                                                        Participant

does anyone recognize the car in the far lane ?? … looks to be a camaro .. green with gold or yellow “accents”…

ricky-white
                                                            Participant

Looks like Tom Irizzo’s car

Viewing 15 posts - 4,591 through 4,605 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.