Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,621 through 4,635 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

Mikey it was good to see you again even if it was only a brief minute

Ciao, Pat

vbob
        Participant

HEY

Great to have you for the day Mikey!!!!!Hope you enjoyed your short stay in New England!!!maybe swing by and see you in March!
            Busy busy when running a car!!!
            Oh, i still managed to shoot an hour of video,I dont remember how but I got it done!

‘V’

vbob
            Participant

HEY

I’m guessing more than five people took pics Saturday and Sunday!!!!!

‘V’

dino
                Keymaster

Les Is sending Me Plenty of Great shots…Others Too…We’re gona make a complete “Gallery” section for this kind of stuff….Yes made it home safe & sound. Left track at 7:15.Pulled into my driveway 8pm Mon. 14 hour run. with a sleep break..shoulda seen the looks I got on the road…..Getting tons of all positive feedback…Wayne even got e-mails saying how much they enjoyed it. Lot of unloading -organizing -putting things back…tools -display stuff-paperwork …and have my regular sign shop customers to contend with. What was so relative to the event was that Orange Gasser from Albany winning King Of The Hill.Track printing and send a complete record of rounds and final runs with drivers info.Will post the Official results when I get that..See the Race results topic for More.

hvy70ss
                    Participant

Hey Dino…just wanted to say AGAIN you outdid yourself. My wife got a chance to see the Dover event for both days with me and was very impressed how well it’s run. Running two classes on Saturday and Dover Modified (great idea splitting class) got a little busy but had a blast. Only drawback was I couldn’t get out enough to talk to everybody….and didn’t get an event shirt before they sold out. The event has come along way from 2009 and that cold November race @ Island!! GREAT JOB!

Bobby Smith

babycakes
                        Participant

Bobby,I’m sorry I missed seeing you at the event,I could only make it Sunday,and like you, just wasn’t enough hours in a day to meet and greet all of you guys on Sunday! Maybe catch ya at the next ‘Nostalgia’ Meet.I don’t know how Sat. went, but Sun. was ‘great’! I want to
                            personally THANK Howie Commander for all of us Vets, for his ‘kindness’; no charge for admission on Sunday! It meant alot,and made me
                            feel proud and great! Pete.

dino
                            Keymaster
                                quote HVY70SS:

Hey Dino…just wanted to say AGAIN you outdid yourself. My wife got a chance to see the Dover event for both days with me and was very impressed how well it’s run. Running two classes on Saturday and Dover Modified (great idea splitting class) got a little busy but had a blast. Only drawback was I couldn’t get out enough to talk to everybody….and didn’t get an event shirt before they sold out. The event has come along way from 2009 and that cold November race @ Island!! GREAT JOB!

Bobby Smith

No …Thank You ….And All the Participants that ‘Make this Happen”…I’m just the zookeeper …welcome to the jungle. Howie says Do it again….!

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

Mikey, Tom, Dino, be ready for something in your snail mail box!
                                    ‘V’

super-sport-pete

HEY DINO AND THE CAPABLE CREW, You tireless people did a fantastic job again! I missed everybody I know, and met new / old people. the track staff is very good at what they do. NHRA should see the participation at these events. they are having a hard time filling classes in some areas. not a problem with “DOVER”. many thanks again and see you next year, PETE. P.S. the van is COOL!

babycakes
                                        Participant

Dino,I asked this before,a few month’s back,and got no response. Here we go again; has ‘anybody’ heard from Clem LaChance’s family,in regards to the status of the ‘Mad Frenchman’s Maverick? Will a member of the family have intentions of running it, or are they gonna put it up for sale? Like many others who knew him, he is sadly missed,a ‘GREAT’ guy,and friend!

dino
                                            Keymaster

Cakes…The Mad Frenchman’s car remains in the family…sources say No decisions have been made concerning its future. Now Cakes…Need some history info on a Yellow Willys that ran early 60’s- later red…it ran out of J&F auto repair in Albany -Altamont area…other cars did to ,like a vette and a 55-56 wagon…I’ll connect the dots when I find info and photos of these cars.

babycakes
                                                Participant

Sorry Dino, I can’t help ya on that specific Willys gasser. I didn’t move to N.Y.State till middle ’66’, before that Jersey bred. The early ’60’s the only track in northern N.Y. was ‘Dover’ that we ran. We did alot of touring around ‘Jersey’ running our Willys at Island and Atco in Jersey,
                                                    Charlestown,R.I., Cecil County,Md., Westhampton, out on the Island, ect. The first time we hit the ‘Valley’ was ’67’ with a ’60’ ( blown) Vette
                                                    that my racing partner and best friend built,when I was in ‘Nam’ in ’65’. I remember Pfieffer’s Speed Shop, bought and ran ‘Coney Island’ Ralph Landolfi’s white ’40’ Willys ,and soon after, his white Anglia B/G-C/Alt. They were out of Albany; here again,that was mid and late 60’s.

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY

Heres a yellow one!
                                                        ‘V’

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Bob,I remember seeing that Willys, back in the 80’s with 40 Ford headlights. In fact I got a picture of it just the back end, parked next to a 33 dark blue Willys,facing front, next to each other.Still remains a question of what Willys Dino is looking for?

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Cakes…I’ve contacted They guy with the Orange gasser..He’s getting more info from his Dad…Maybe photos too.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,621 through 4,635 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.