Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,696 through 4,710 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Kman. I remember The Orchids who played in the Canadian Lounge in Mamaronek. They featured two twin brothers on the saxaphones and the lead singer was “Big Bob Lindsey”. They were one of the first local bands who actualy had arrangements for the music.

kman
        Participant

THATS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! … thank you for the memory jog albaran !!!!!!!… Canada Lounge…. don’t know where i got Rich’s from??? … man.. that band would fire up and i swear you could hear em’ in the Bronx…. thanks bud….

kman
            Participant

HEY V MAN… i expect to see reaction times at 0.0000 .. have fun.. wish we was there !!…..

dino
                Keymaster

K…RE:Hot Rod Reunion……Billy’s Reaction times were Dead On…Bob “getting There” .He went out in the second round.Got be ‘in the pits with Bob & Billy…on the ‘crew’ for a little bit…change of pace from my usual track duties…you guys do more work racing than I thought. Rain Hit the Track about 4:30 Sat …everybody scattered fast. Brian filled me in on the Adirondack Nationals…Lot of Arrests and “fooling Around” again. Look to see only a couple of more years, then it will be gone. Cops out in force.

dino
                    Keymaster

Ok…musta picked up a bug on the plane or terminals ….was at three airports and on two planes coming back. Feel like El Crappola. LIKE THE COMMERCIALS…sneezing,coughing,sore throat, achy…BUT the show must go on…pop some pills and keep at it.

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

Moving the bring your own food if you dont want to pay the track prices subject!!!
                            When we spectate at the drags we ALWAYS load coolers with food and drink and leave the BIG coolers in the truck cook on a grill or make sandwiches and walk in with a Playmate cooler with a sandwich chips and drink ya leave it at some spot in the stands and hit the Playmate whenever ya want a snacko!!!Etown they let ya bring a pretty good size cooler in.stuff the beers in your pants and under your jacket cause they will check coolers for beers and glass conatiners.Epping they have a cooler size drawn on a table as you go in and if its bigger than a Playmate type ya cant take it in.I think its 18 inches!!!
                            Anyways what Im getting at is you dont ever have to buy track food unless youre lazy so its gonna cost ya!

OH, if ya dont want ta buy and event shirt ya dont!!!!!

‘v’

babycakes
                            Participant

FACT: Being part of the V Bob Racing Team, both Mike L. and I agree,when we’re at Bob’s camp at the ‘drags’, if we go away thirsty or hungry it’s our ‘own’ fault! Bob’s cooler is like a ‘deli’,packed full of ‘cold’ drinks, and cold cuts!!! He ‘certainly’ takes care of us! Only thing missing that I can see is venison kielbasa off the grill, smothered in hot mustard on a hard roll, lol ๐Ÿ˜‰ Bottom line THANKS Bob, both Mike and I certainly appreciated it ( so did our stomachs) . Pete.

dino
                                Keymaster

Food Shmood…guess it depends on the Track….AAAAANnnnnyway….. Guess I’m just Cheap.Love the Beer in the pants bit…In My brothers66 Gt 350 Mustang,we’d load the under dash Vent ducts with brewskies.Each side had its own access door and you could get a six-pack in each one. Was like a little beer dispenser. Cops stopped ya…ya closed the doors.

dino
                                    Keymaster

This Just In ….FROM GERMANY
                                        “I just registered under 4speedshiftr…
                                        Last year I bought a 47′ Chevy Business Coupe that ran at Dover Dragstrip in the early 70’s.
                                        It was Classwinner in 72/73!”

maso
                                        Participant
                                            quote DINO:

This Just In ….FROM GERMANY
                                            “I just registered under 4speedshiftr…
                                            Last year I bought a 47′ Chevy Business Coupe that ran at Dover Dragstrip in the early 70’s.
                                            It was Classwinner in 72/73!”

Looks like another Dover car has turned up in Europe…! โ—

He’s probably looking for background information and documentation on his car.

Julian Kurz
                                            Participant

Yes I do!

I posted all my information under “old racecar locator” topic…

looking forward to any other informations

4speed

dino
                                                Keymaster

ATTENTION …ODF PREMIUM MEMBERS:
                                                    Postby papasmurf ยป Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:24 am

Hi there everyone. It’s time for the moment you’ve been waiting for… THE NEW AND IMPROVED ODF PHOTO GALLERY! It will have a new place to easily register, then wait for an administrator to approve you as an Official ODF Photo Gallery Member. After that you can enjoy thousands of photo’s in it’s brand new format!…Note This can only be accessed IF you’re already a ODF Premium Member.

…………………”Papas…”teaching” me how to Activate Your New ODF account to Log-in…Stand -By…He’s the Geek…I’m the Dummy.{ Dino}”

NOT A MEMBER?…see this:
                                                    http://doverdragstrip.com/index.php/ct-menu-item-7

dino
                                                    Keymaster

ODF MEMBERS ALERT… Log In To See YOUR link To the All New ODF Gallerys…4200 Photos…All glitches have been repaired.

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Shame on you,if you missed going to the ‘Valley’ yesterday,for the Nostalgia Drags,Car Show,and Swap Meet. I had the pleasure to be with V Bob’s crew chief, Mike L. It was “FANTASTIC” !!! Overstuffed with the most ‘beautiful’ show cars, lots more vendors,with all sorts of ‘goodies’ and variety of items for sale! The ‘drags’ ran perfectly ‘smooth’ with no delays,in fact a few ODF’s were running there ‘hot rods’! The show couldn’t have been more ‘perfect’! Just the ride up,to and back was terrific, with the fall foliage almost in bloom! Two thumbs up for the
                                                            grand finale at the ‘Valley! Thank you Howie,excellent job!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚ Pete.

maso
                                                            Participant

I will be up in the Waterbury Conn. area for a short time in the first week of November…

Viewing 15 posts - 4,696 through 4,710 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.