Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 5,416 through 5,430 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Frank….Next year in Pro Stock should be interesting with the new rules. They will be very busy on the dynos over the winter shut down.

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Tom….You’re right about all the extensive test and tuning that these Pro Stock teams will have
            to do to be competitive in 2016 ❗ NHRA again forgot about the little guy with maybe 1 car that will
            not be able to afford these necessary test ans tune sessions ❗ Only the rich survive ❗ Can you see
            where this professional sport is heading ❓ 😮 🙄

Frank… 😎

tomblake
            Participant

Frank….Like all the different avatars.

patina
                Participant
                    quote Frank J. Majauskas:

Tom….You’re right about all the extensive test and tuning that these Pro Stock teams will have
                    to do to be competitive in 2016 ❗ NHRA again forgot about the little guy with maybe 1 car that will
                    not be able to afford these necessary test ans tune sessions ❗ Only the rich survive ❗ Can you see
                    where this professional sport is heading ❓ 😮 🙄

Frank… 😎

Already headed!! But that’s America home of Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Arod, Lamar Odom the Kardashians and lastly Bruce Jenner. I like the fuel injection aspect but don’t understand the short wheelie bars. With a flatter hood the will be retro 60’s S/S and A/FX. Lastly all these Pro owners and drivers are a business now that’s why they are called PRO us little guys do it for the love and enjoyment.

Pat

babycakes
                    Participant

Pat, you hit the nail,right on the head!!! I couldn’t have said it any better! I’m glad ‘our’ generation got to enjoy the ‘sport’, of drag racing,rather then nowadays,as it’s all $$$$ with N.H.R.A ! As the saying goes,” if you can’t keep up with the ‘big’ dogs, then go lay down on the porch”!!! That’s where I am nowadays,on the porch! My N.H.R.A National Events,are only but a memory now, and thank God, for guys like you,and other members,who still put there heart and soul (not to mention,scraping up the bucks) to run your ‘classic’s’ at the Nostalgia Drag Races! That’s the only thing that keeps the flame burning nowadays,and golden memories going back more than 50+ years, in my heart and soul, THANKS to ‘dedicated’ guys like you!!!!…. Once again my ‘personal’ 2 cents worth! Pete.

john-sachs-sr
                        Participant
                            quote Babycakes:

Pat, you hit the nail,right on the head!!! I couldn’t have said it any better! I’m glad ‘our’ generation got to enjoy the ‘sport’, of drag racing,rather then nowadays,as it’s all $$$$ with N.H.R.A ! As the saying goes,” if you can’t keep up with the ‘big’ dogs, then go lay down on the porch”!!! That’s where I am nowadays,on the porch! My N.H.R.A National Events,are only but a memory now, and thank God, for guys like you,and other members,who still put there heart and soul (not to mention,scraping up the bucks) to run your ‘classic’s’ at the Nostalgia Drag Races! That’s the only thing that keeps the flame burning nowadays,and golden memories going back more than 50+ years, in my heart and soul, THANKS to ‘dedicated’ guys like you!!!!…. Once again my ‘personal’ 2 cents worth! Pete.

That’s why I packed it in. 🙁 And to think, you’re paying to put on the show.
                            John

kman
                            Participant

After the insanity… mega bucks… and greed …after it all goes full circle … it just might wind up like this …. good !!!

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

I guess basically we’re all on the same page? It’s just a shame seeing what it was like
                                    when we started racing and where it is now! BUT, it’s out of our hands. So we get together
                                    with our friends and go to an event or participate and remember how lucky we really are! 😀

Frank… 😎

babycakes
                                    Participant

K Man,I know recently you put some photos of ‘lead sleds’ here,on the forum ( ‘nice’ shots!), anyhow,I just heard George Barris aka as the “King of Customs”,and ‘Lead Sleds” passed away! What a ‘legend’ he was in our era! Famous for building exotic customs,for hot rodders,and T.V. and movie films! Multi-talented skills,to say the least!!! May he be remembered,and rest in peace!….Pete.

kman
                                        Participant

Thank you Pete .. wow.. another gone… King of Kustoms period !!! … R I P Mr. Barris…

dino
                                            Keymaster

EarthShakerin Current issue of Drag Ilustrated (www.dragilustrated.com) Caption Says “….At the Dover Nostalgia Drags & Reunion” remember…he ran his best ever run over 200mph to win ‘top speed of the meet” .

Attachments:

patina
                                                Participant

It’s official.

NEW ENGLAND HOT ROD REUNION GOES ON HIATUS IN 2016, as per competitionplus.com

Pat

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY

According to Oxford dictionary: hiatus, a noun, an interruption in the intensity or amount of something.

‘V’

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY

We didn’t need NHRA back in the 60’s, I think we can do just fine without them now!!!!!
                                                            I say, if they do have a Hot Rod Reunion in the future Steve Gibbs can sit at his tent all by himself we just don’t go!!!
                                                            Anyways anyone that gives 2 shits about nostalgia drag racing has one foot in the grave allready, soooo waiting till they have another nostalgia race ,good luck, Im not going!!!!

‘V’

babycakes
                                                            Participant

“Action speaks louder than words’!!! In order to keep our memories of ‘Dover’ alive,and still going, ya got to support what ‘hard’ work and effort that ‘Dino’,’Smokey’, ‘Grover’, Brian M.,and ‘Big Al, put ‘many’ effortless hours to promote the ‘Dover Reunion’,and ‘Dover Nostalgia Drags’,at the Valley!!! Sadly,I’ve noticed in the past few years, ‘original’ Dover race cars have dwindled,not attending these ‘golden’ events,
                                                                and missing out a really ‘great’ time that have let them pass by! Yes,sometimes things come up that are important,or an emergency, where there unable to come to these memorable events; but all I ask is ‘please’,those who raced or maybe just spectated at Dover,back in the day,
                                                                don’t become a ‘couch’ potato! Come out ‘again’, have ‘fun’, and support the cause,to keep ‘Dover’ alive! And don’t forget,bring your ole race car with you,if you still have it,to display,or race!!! Thanks for listening….Pete.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,416 through 5,430 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.