Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

Speed, Dino, anyone. List the boat in Dover clasifieds with all info this way I can talk it up and know what I’m talking about. Year, make, size, engine(s) phone number. pictures, etc.

Pat

dino
        Keymaster
            quote patina:

Speed, Dino, anyone. List the boat in Dover clasifieds with all info this way I can talk it up and know what I’m talking about. Year, make, size, engine(s) phone number. pictures, etc.

Pat

…..Heres More than enough Info!

Re: NEW YORK NATIONAL SPEEDWAY

don-kauer
                quote action rat:

quote donkauer:

Still here but in a funk………. 🙁 …………….I still read all the posts but haven’t said much…….Things are not going great lately 🙄 ……………Hey……… E-Town this weekend…… Cruises in the area 3-4 nights a week………Big Al’s car show July 4th……….There’s stuff going on….Just not into it now………Don……

Hey Don:
                I noticed you were missing since Mitch Wright past. I knew Mitch well…good friend…related by marriage…rode our Harley’s and worked together at Hart Construction
                “back in the day”. Thought someone in the family would have got in touch with me. I did notice that the service was private. I always liked Mitch, lot’s of common sence, good guy, will be missed.

This is why I’ve been quiet for awhile……… Mitch was one of my closest friends……The service was at the R/C airplane field in back of KC…We hung out for 11 years…I’ve never met anyone quite like him…I spent most of the week with the family cleaning out his place and getting things in order………This really kicked me in the ass………Thanks and hope to see you soon….Don…

dino
                Keymaster

DOVER TROOPS ! Ten-HUT !…This is the Website Commander in Chief. Your Mission : TAKE CARE OF THE “FAMILY” ! WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER….Loving the past -Dover- Racing -Embracing the ‘Old Skool’ way of values ,morals,friendship-family & freinds. IF this was ,say 1965 and you heard of a Freind or Family having any kind of struggle….what would YOU do .? In the pits …at the shop…home ….school…. “Be a Freind – A Shoulder” – some one to care and offer your help or concern. I don’t want to be the Guidance counselor….Just remind you that we have brought together over 700 that had no way of knowing where each other was or how to contact —-UNTIL this Site .You can click on any user name ,go to thier profile and Private Message or E-mail each other. Get a phone number or set a meeting. Just a show of support could really brighten someones day. Too many storys of out of work – economy – problems and Its going on all over. We ain’t getting any younger and we need to use our time wisely….Make someone smile today …I have a lot of phone numbers collected -I’m sure a Dover Buddy wouldn’t mind a call of encougagement. It doesn’t cost anything to be a freind, but means a lot to the one that gets that gets the pat on the back and the “If ya need anything or someone to talk to” offer. We come from a “Differant Time”…lets show it ……….Oh- at ease 😉

CLICK for Todays Motivational Video: read the lyrics! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDHYZtwjFTs

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERANCE …..Couldn’t have Stayed the same BUT BECAME …..

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Heres some more “Motivational Things” to wake you up …..
                        Total posts 16418 • Total topics 2105 • Total members 785 •
                        Soon to be -20 Years of Reunions….Dover Fest 2008….Dover Fest 2009….soon to be 2nd Annual Drags ….50th anniversary 2011……….its all about “In the other lane ,you’re the enemy, but back in the pits ,you’re Family” We don’t care whats on the News….We’re Differant…people might say we’re strange …IN A GOOD WAY …. Change someones life today.

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

And now ………To end todays session…he’s from Rockingham,N.C. …former body shop worker …my Friend ….
                            to tell you the deal:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AlrFOBmdVI

PS….Just talked to Smokey…He said to Say Hi to Everybody …HI EVERYBODY and “Put a Smile On your Face”

patina
                            Participant

My daughters birthday so pop cooks (like always) here’s the menu

Seared Lychee Scallops in Champagne-Butter Sauce
                                Episode 606: Lychees/Champagne

Serves 4

Ingredients
                                All ingredients A-Z1/4 cup lychee syrup, from canned lychees
                                1/2 cup rice flour
                                1/2 teaspoon madras curry powder
                                12 large scallops, day boat preferable, dried, foot removed
                                2 shallots, minced
                                1/4 cup 1/4-inch dice lychees
                                1 cup Champagne
                                4 tablespoons butter
                                2 tablespoons chive batons, for garnish
                                Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
                                Canola oil to cook

Directions
                                Pour lychee syrup into a small dish. In a pie plate, combine rice flour and curry powder. Season the scallops on both sides and dip in syrup and then flour/curry mix. In a saute pan over medium-high heat coated lightly with oil, sear the scallops until browned on both sides, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove scallops to a plate. In same pan, add shallots and lychees, season and saute for 2 minutes.

Deglaze with Champagne and reduce by 75%.

Whisk in butter, check for seasoning.

Plate scallops and spoon Champagne-butter sauce over. Garnish with chive batons.

Yous guys can do this.

Pat

patina
                                Participant

Maso its funny talking to you when the sun is up 😆 In any case , Dino I am copying this because I don’t know the correct proticol;

Re: BRIAN M. Scores ! Found …Billy Milano’s B/G Mustang
                                    by Maso on June 10th, 2010, 11:58 am

“Buick brake drums…! Now, that’s classy.
                                    Looks like they’re doing some very fine work there.
                                    I wonder if these things would be happening if Dino hadn’t put this web site on the Internet. The DDS Race Car Registry is growing, and with some very fine examples. If this keeps up then our annual Island Dragway event could eventually turn into a major event.”

Maso you have hit on something I have felt for a long time. First off Kenny Hayn (pepsi man) you ought to get your ass on here more, get Tom Blake with you both of you raced each other and live in Fla. When Ray Kobel and Frank Cali died I lost two good friends who I went to the races with and where instramental in me getting the MG. And I have met guys here that were in Vietnam and one that I never met but feel closer to than anyone I served with. I think that Nostalgia Racing started a short time ago and now with the restoration of cars like Bad News, The MG, Lane motors, Moreheads Volvo, etc a lot of people are getting these old cars out just to go have some fun. Evenif its at a car show like the Pacers car. I love you all and am having the time of my life.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Pat…you did fine -‘protocol’. Quote feature only works in topic you’re replying to… so yeah …copy/paste from another topic thread.. Maso is too kind…I just followed up on Brian’s enthusiasm. I ‘Parked’ Dover on the shelf for 35 yearts .It took him AND Smokey & Grovers never ending passion to “Keep the Memory Alive’ …I just used the internet and some new fangeled systems.I just set it up …it’s a tool …USE IT, to keep in touch and find more guys.

tomblake
                                        Participant

patina….You were correct about Kenny and I racing each other. Someone ask me about Kenny a while back and I didn’t remember till I saw the attached picture in one of the collections. The picture of the 55 is before the orange paint. That same race is on one of the videos also. Those were the days and we are getting to relive them again and again thanks to this site.

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Anybody seen or heard from Cy Virgulto owns the grey primered ’40 Willys pickup, the “Psycho Willys”. ????? said he’d make it to this years Nostalgia Drags .

don-kauer

Just got off the phone with Donnie Carroll at E-Town……He went runner up in his S/S class because it started raining in the final so they gave it to who went faster in the prev. round……….He’s doing great and he really deserves it……. 😀 😀 They are waiting fo first round of S- S/S Elim………….There was an accident in Funny Car (Alcohol) and someone died so it’s on hold for a couple of hours …………..I’ll keep you posted……..Don…… 😀 😀

bobby-s

Don

this was on the NHRA page
                                                        for this event,

Left Lane: John Headley Runs 6.666/158.00, Now #3
                                                        Right Lane: Neal Parker Runs 5.732/249.90, Now #2

Headley spun the tires coming off the starting line and it sounded as if he never shifted. Parker ran his career best ET and speed but then never opened his chutes. The car went off the track into the sand. We’ll be down here for a while.

Bummer if another racer passed on,,

Bobby S.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Video Bob got a Cell phone call from a friend, at the track and didn’t know who it was in the alky funny that crashed . . . But sadly -HE told Bob, yes ,the driver had died. Bob called me to relay the info.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

CONFIRMED:
                                                                UPDATE: Cops ID Neal Parker as NHRA driver killed in Old Bridge Raceway Park crash
                                                                Authorities have identified 58-year-old Neal Parker of Millville as the driver who was killed Friday in a crash at Old Bridge Raceway Park.
                                                                Parker died after his car ran through a net at the end of the track during a Top Alcohol Funny Car qualifying race in the 2010 NHRA’s SuperNationals , New Jersey State Police officials said. The deadly collision was the second at the track in as many years.
                                                                A results page on the NHRA website said the car never opened its parachutes, then went off the track and into the sand.
                                                                State Police Sgt. Stephen Jones said fatal crash investigators were still at the scene Friday afternoon.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.