Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 5,941 through 5,955 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

About “Quiet on the Forum” .about time I gave you an ‘all-over” update on a number of things…we are about to initiate a new E-mail Blast program,to message all the Registered guys to get off their butt.Its called “mailchimp”.Be advised…we started this thing in 2008….my first post was July 9 2008….about that time Cell phone messaging,Instagram and Facebook didn’t exist.But if we upgrade to a new Forum software program, we’ll NOT be able to keep all the info saved here …all the photos/ all the posts.>>>>37000 !. Facebook came out almost 5 years ago…it’s just too easy with their big money technology to post fast & easy. But I still don’t like the format of, every time you post something all the other previous posts just go down & out. We believe our simple board index organizes everything better. You MUST use the search feature to find tons of stuff buried here. too many time someone asks looking for stuff and it’s already here. I noticed when the Jalopy Journal (HAMB) switched over to a new format , they had a huge drop off or posts. Then again ,figure this. I still get calls inquiring about our race.Tell them to go to the forum..and they say “I Don’t Have a computer” so I send them a flyer by regular mail .Why we put full page articles (Thanks to great buddie Don Clady ) in Ct. Cruise News and the new N.Y. Cruise News plus print 15000 flyers to get the word out to Car Show & Cruise night guys that aren’t on the internet. We sent 4000 “Car Show’ only flyesr to the Dead End Cruizers in Albany Area and have about 2000 at the track now,.and about 5 other guys are running them already in events in Westchester and Newburgh-Kingston Area. I try to keep up with ALL forms of communication …Our Facebook page has 2755 ‘likes’ that get a notice on their page every time I post something.New this Year Is event posters in windows of “Auto -Hot rod ” shops all over .plus all our sponsors will be getting Flyers. Bottom line…It’s YOUR forum…I can’t force you to post ….but You Can Private Message -Email or talk to other guys to tell their stories ,etc. Maybe we have gotten to the point where WE already here have gotten complacent (Me Too ) with our ‘busy lives’ to take more time to type something. I still have to pay for Hosting-secure server-Url, support and domain name every year. Originally the ODF membership supported that…times change …I try to adapt…. running the event ,business and two teenagers now …Wow..plus dopey me continues to add to the menu ,with Gasoline Alley- Syracuse Nationals …And maybe a Florida race… said all that to say this…in the past 3 years on top of all that , my wife has been diagnosed with MS…it comes & goes…she’s OK with most daily tasks and still does plenty of design work….she’s instrumental with most of our cool layouts (Business & Dover stuff). We all got fired up when all this started…and for 8 years have come together each year to meet each other personally…I thank all those that work to help me out on all fronts.You know who you are. But 24/7 you can can do it here.Even if it’s Mater posting his Garden or just ‘staying in touch’…..We started out back then as the ‘DOVER FAMILY’ nobody can steal our memories…and lets keep it that way….

Attachments:

tomblake
        Participant

Pat….The T-Bird is an anniversary 2005.
            Fun car we take out on special occasions like anniversary and birthdays.

Attachments:

babycakes
            Participant

“NICE” Tom,she’s a ‘beauty’!!! I was lucky to have the opportunity to drive a black one,when they first came out,brand ‘new’! It surprised me the ride it had,like a big car,and was comfortable to sit in; plus the power was pretty decent too,for a nice ‘cruiser’! My friend Bill’s wife Nancy has one tucked away also,only taken out a few times a year,with 7000 (original) miles on it! You don’t see them too often? …Pete.

babycakes
                Participant

A head’s up to all ODF members,who one of our ‘legends’ Bobby Lagana is being honored for his restored “CHEVAMOCO”,in this month’s ‘Rod and Kulture’ magazine (pages 75 to81) by Jim and Spanky Sandin! ‘GREAT’ photos,and I only wish there was more to mention about ‘Dover’, and Bobby running there; still, a nice article! :geek: 😉 😀 Pete.

maso
                    Participant
                        quote Babycakes:

A head’s up to all ODF members who one of our ‘legends’ Bobby Lagana is being honored for his restored “CHEVAMOCO” in this month’s ‘Rod and Kulture’ magazine (pages 75 to 81) by Jim and Spanky Sandin! ‘GREAT’ photos and I only wish there was more to mention about ‘Dover’ and Bobby running there still a nice article! :geek: 😉 😀 Pete.

Click: https://www.rodandkulture.com/chevamoco-family-to-family/

babycakes
                        Participant

To ‘all’ ODFer’s a ‘safe’,and ‘enjoyable’ 4TH of July !!! Enjoy it with family and friends!!! 😀 Pete.

patina
                            Participant

Hey I understand that the MG is in CT Cruise News when at Syracuse. I can’t find it here can one of you CT DOF’s pick one up for me.

Grazie Pat

vbob
                                Participant

HEY
                                    Spotted this on Tyler Lake in Goshen, Ct. today!
                                    Should pass tech!!!!!
                                    ‘V’

Attachments:

kman
                                    Participant

^^^^^ … 🙄 .. 🙄 .. 😀 …

dino
                                        Keymaster

Pat…V-Bob is Sending entire Issue…Here’s all I got for now;
                                            https://www.facebook.com/July151617/ Told Clady (Editor) to Rerun it in Issue out at Syracuse

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster
                                                quote VBOB:

HEY
                                                Spotted this on Tyler Lake in Goshen, Ct. today!
                                                Should pass tech!!!!!
                                                ‘V’

looks like a typical day down here.

patina
                                                Participant

Just spoke to brother Mike he’s at Big Al’s 4th of July show he says it’s packed!

Pat

frank-j-majauskas
                                                    Participant

Pat , you haven’t heard much from V-Bob because he’s been out
                                                        in search of the good ship “Lollipop”, which I’m happy to say that
                                                        he found it today ❗ 😆 Nice job V-Man ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

15000 Event flyers just delivered…Join the distribution ‘henchman” E-mail your address to get a bunch to pass out in your area…
                                                            dino@doverdragstrip.com

dino
                                                            Keymaster

For The New Guys…Little Page Boxes Click on all to See All pages !

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1357

Viewing 15 posts - 5,941 through 5,955 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.