Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 5,956 through 5,970 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY
        A Danbury Fair Speed boat For Sale KOOL!!!!!

‘V’

http://nwct.craigslist.org/boa/5648218489.html

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Hey Guys, Today we had a pizza party at John Shimer’s shop in New Milford, CT.
            What a great time we had there ❗ The shop was open for everyone to wonder through and the picnic tables and chairs were set up on a nice grassy area in the
            shade. In attendance was Mike L., Carl “Bootie” Booth, my brother Jimmy, Tommy S.,
            Joe S., Donnie K., John Shimer (our host) and Garth (building owner) and his Buds.
            Thank you so much John for this great get together. So nice hearing all the stories
            from days gone bye. Time is flying by so quickly that it is necessary to have these
            gatherings. 😀 Also thank you Garth for the use of your tables etc. 😀

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
            Participant

Hey Guys, I asked Bonnie (Fred’s daughter) to post a few pictures on Facebook of her Dad, Fred Egloff
                at the Big Al’s Car Show on July 3rd. I moved some of those pictures to this site. I talked with Fred this
                afternoon and he was outside doing a little painting. I couldn’t be happier with the way he sounded!
                Fred told me that when he was at Big Al’s, quite a few people didn’t recognize him. “For good reason”!
                In the last year and a half or so, Fred has lost 50 lbs and his shirt size went from an extra large to a medium.
                I think he looks great and more important, he feels much better. Keep it up Fred, we want to see you at
                Lebanon Valley in September….. 😀

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

340swinger
                Participant

Went to a private car collection of a Willies fanatic out here in Southern Ca., Pete would love the place! More to come.
                    Bob Hoffman

Attachments:

babycakes
                    Participant

THANK YOU BOB FOR SHARING!!!! “LOVE IT” 😮 YOU BET!!!! 😀 Also Pat D.and brother Mike I’m sure will ‘appreciate’ it also!!! Two other “WILLYS” NUTS,like me!!! 😉 😆 Pete.

babycakes
                        Participant

Oh Bob! Forgot to mention, that ‘stock’ green ’39’ Willys,used to be owned by a guy named Frank Corbo,from Rye Brook,N.Y.a few years ago,winning many awards with it! He also has (or had?) a nice ’40’ Willys street rod too! He started a ‘new’ club,a few years back called ‘The Gasser Network’, but quickly phased out.for some ‘odd’ reason (?). Anyway…THANKS again….Pete.

340swinger
                            Participant

I figured you’d know some of these cars, stand by, I’m loading some more. Bob

340swinger
                                Participant

More from the Willies collector.

Attachments:

340swinger
                                    Participant

He had more than just Willies !

Attachments:

340swinger
                                        Participant

The ultimate collectible for a Willies maniac, the original front end off the Stone,Woods and Cook car.

Attachments:

patina
                                            Participant

Wow, if you added up all the stuff I’ve had, it could have put a sizeable dent in this collection. I never thought of displaying it all like this. I always needed the money.

Pat

babycakes
                                                Participant

Many “THANKS” again Bob,for sharing, well ‘appreciated’!!! I remember seeing that S.W.C Willys, with that strange looking grille nose, at the U.S. Nationals, in ’62’,when it ran B/GS. A few years back ( I think it was Hot Rod Magazine) had an article on that steel ‘nose’,along with other collections of Willys memorbilia. The guy who had it,must have been a ‘dreamer’ at that time,wanting some ‘ridiculous’ ($$$$$$) price for it!!! This is ‘not’ the same guy,that owns it now! Having such an ‘extensive’ collection,like he has,you could only dream about!!! 😮 🙄 😆 Pete.

340swinger
                                                    Participant

Very happy to oblige, I know you guys love those Willies. The guy that got me into this place has been in the L.A. Roadsters since 68, he also owns a chrome plating shop in Gardena Ca. When he told me about the show I mentioned that I knew a bunch of guys really into Willies, he said “bring them !” Sorry I didn’t let you guys know, next time, given enough lead time you may want to hop a flight ! He also said this guy has done over 100K in chrome work with him. He does good work but he aint cheap. Best of luck. Bob Hoffman.

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

….. MAN those were really nice pics of the “WILLYS” and other cars “340” 😀 So here back in the east 13 miles from where “DOVER DRAG STRIP” used to be , is the 2016 “TOMATOHEAD” tomato garden 😀 These pics of the garden are for all who asked about “the back 40 ACRES ” ….. of course “BABYCAKES” will enjoy ❗ and my brother “V-BOB” ❗ hell some of you guys have been lucky enough to get tomatoes from me from time to time , when there ready Ill let you know 😀 ❗

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                            Participant

‘Mater’ Joe, the ‘Green Giant’ will be proud of you!!!! The lower ’40’ looking “GREAT”!!!! :geek: 😮 😉 😀 Pete.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,956 through 5,970 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.