Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 7,606 through 7,620 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

WOW!!!! Pat, you got ‘hammered’ all right!!! ‘Too much,too soon’ !!! Before I left to come home,
        Larry was putting on his ‘quick connect’ plow, on his Ram pickup. I’m sure,what your telling me,
        his Ram got a workout,down by you!!! I guess next week, warmer ‘temps’, will melt it down some!!!
        I’m sure you’ll be ‘greeting’ it,with open arms!…….Pete.

kman
        Participant

This is not meant to be sarcastic … we have arrived in florida the other day … just beat the storm in new york by one day … looking forward to seeing the Blakes … few car shows … mecum … bradenton drags … family … and where our travels down here take us … be safe up north my friends and we shall try to do the same down here … maybe tomorrow i fish … maybe not … should hit high 70’s by the weekend … then another cold front … who cares … no snow …

peace

chuck and sue

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by kman.
            babycakes
            Participant

Chuck….I hope you didn’t forget your ‘brownie’!!!! You’ve ‘spoiled’ us with all
                your ‘wonderful’ shots that you take, at ‘Car Shows’,and ‘Drags’ also!!!
                Seriously, have a “GREAT” time,with your bride,while we’re on ice!!!…..Pete.

kman
                Participant

Posted previously by seabake …

And again @ 44:10, Through the windshield of Bill Roberge, the videographer.

Bill goes by 37spiker on youtube … check out his stuff … he is all over the place shooting the vids… we hook up in florida when we are down here checking out the local shows … a fine gentleman … always a pleasure to chat with … see ya’ later spiker …

chuck

Attachments:
                    You must be logged in to view attached files.
                    seabake
                    Participant

Bill was a pretty good NETRA (New England Trail Rider Association) motorcycle enduro rider back in the day. Late 70’s early 90’s as I remember. I too was involved in this sport during the same time span. Been a subscriber to Bill’s channel for years and watch every thing he posts. All are a pleasure to watch.

babycakes
                        Participant

THANKS ‘Seabake’ and Chuck for the tip on ’37’spiker (Bill) ! I watched two of his films on
                            You Tube,with the ‘Car Shows’ and will watch some more that he took! He does a ‘GREAT’ job
                            filming,both inside and outside of these ‘classic’ and ‘hot rods’,along with narrating them!
                            Much ‘appreciated….THANK YOU!!!…..Pete.

mleroux
                            Participant

I just got back from visiting the grand kids in South Carolina on Dec. 3rd. while there my son in law mentioned a guy that used to live in Warren Ct. were I live that lives and races a gasser down south now , his name is Larry Noel , I think my son in law told me the kind of car he has but I forget , he said Larry is building a 55 gasser now , I don’t know him , does any of the Dover guys know him ? supposed to get 1 to 3 inches of snow tonight here , Hi Sue ,,, mike L ,,,

maso
                                Participant

Does Larry Noel run with The Southeast Gassers…?

Their web site… ( Click )

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by maso.
                                    mleroux
                                    Participant

Hi I just watched a gasser meet from Aiken S.C. on you tube and saw Larry Noel driving a c/gas 55 chevy , but I still don’t remember him , he is racing in Southeast Gasser Association , Hi K-Man ,,, mike L ,,,

mleroux
                                        Participant

Thanks Maso , I clicked on the Southeast Gasser site you had there and I watched a video from 2018 and saw Larry Noel driving a blue 56 chevy named crazy horse in c/gas and after his first round win they interviewed him and I don’t recognize him , hi Frank ,,, mike L ,,,

maso
                                            Participant

The SouthEast Gassers are an excellent organization.

But… I am a little disappointed with some of their rules.

I have a friend down here in North Carolina from Long Island NY with a beautiful orange ’56 Corvette that has been set up for drag racing and has been around for a long time and has real history… but the SE Gassers will not accept his entry for the reason that it does not have a solid I-Beam front suspension.

Seems to me that a “Gassers” organization should include Street Roadsters and Modified Sports classes as they were in the glorious 1960’s as they are essentially the same thing but with body type variations. ( My two cents… )

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by maso.
                                                babycakes
                                                Participant

Yeah,I’m with you Maso, they are ‘very’ tight’ on there rules and regulations, going by the ’67’
                                                    N.H.R.A rule book, right to a “T” ! “Period” correct,and that’s it! No bending ‘there’ rules!!!
                                                    They put on one hellava show, and no doubt it cost a lot to hopefully find the ‘period’, ‘scarce’
                                                    parts for these ‘hot rods’,especially when you break them!
                                                    It reminds me so much, of going to the races, back in the 60’s,all over again! Screaming small
                                                    blocks, banging 4 gears, and fish tailing all over the place,down the 1/8th !!! Gotta “LOVE IT”!!!
                                                    Pete.

kman
                                                    Participant

Need “Seabakes” name …. we hook up with the spiker usually every tuesday and thursday … mentioned seabake but he needs the name … thanks …

k

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by kman.
                                                        kman
                                                        Participant

Lemon Or Lime ????? ..

Attachments:
                                                            You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                                            seabake
                                                            Participant

Need “Seabakes” name …. we hook up with the spiker usually every tuesday and thursday … mentioned seabake but he needs the name … thanks …

k

I’m not sure that I have ever had an actual face to face conversation with Bill. I do know that he and I were more than likely standing side by side, at the end of the day, looking at posted score sheets numerous times. NETRA was and is a large organization and members were divided into three ability classes, A,B,C. which are then divided again by displacement and age. I remember Bill’s name, not the face, as a A/Senior ( I think). I myself never moved past the C classes, probably due to a combination of lack of athletic ability and a work out program centered around 12oz curls. On YOUTUBE I use labrd41, in real life: Craig Baker

Viewing 15 posts - 7,606 through 7,620 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.