Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 7,711 through 7,725 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Anybody heard from our ‘Dover Rover’ historian yet? Pat D. was the last one mentioning
        him. Is he settled in Po-town, and working on his Firebird with his son Edward,maybe to
        run the ‘Valley’ this year?……Pete.

patina
        Participant

Wow weather is great now this virus, I’m trying to crate up an Olds/Pont. rear I’m selling. Boy are they heavy about 90#. Pete I haven’t heard from Brian in awhile.

Pat

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by patina.
            babycakes
            Participant

THANKS Pat, NO idea,what Brian is up to??? Talk about ‘Spring’ weather. other than the woods, 95% of snow
                s gone off my lawn,with that 70 degree weather, we had the other day perfect for a little ‘honey-do’
                yard work! It felt ‘good’ to get ‘outside’ for a change!
                And ‘the icing on the cake’, got my 2020 ‘Valley’ schedule today!!! Now I can’t wait, for RHINEBECK, in May!!!
                Pete.

babycakes
                Participant

A ‘little’ surprise for me yesterday morning! Just before seven a.m. I had an ‘earthquake’ come
                    through! On the rickter scale a 3.1 ! My first one ever,to experience…..”COOL”!!!
                    It felt like a AA/Gasser at the ‘Valley’, starting up,and vibrations in the ground,20 ft. away!

I’m sure Ricky White who lives near me, might have felt it also (?)…….Pete.

ricky-white
                    Participant

Hey Babycakes I didn’t feel a thing, maybe because I’m 1500 miles south. Everyone was calling me about the quake. Checked cameras in house and garage nothing feel off the walls. Cars still up on lifts.

babycakes
                        Participant

‘GREAT’ NEWS Ricky!!! Yeah, the only damage that they showed on our local news,
                            was a ‘Brewery’, in South Glens Falls, had some bottles rattled around a bit.
                            The sound and the vibration it created,was like watching the fireworks, in
                            Lake George ‘Village’,going off!
                            Have a ‘good’ vacation,while your away Ricky!!!…..Pete.

babycakes
                            Participant

How’s your hand sanitizer, tissues,toilet paper holding up with this coronavirus issue? YES! It’s
                                serious I know, but enough already,with the news media coverage, causing ‘mayhem’ amongst us!!!….Pete.

ricky-white
                                Participant

Scored big yesterday. Vacation cut short Florida has closed down the State Parks. So back home to freezing weather.

Attachments:
                                    You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                    kman
                                    Participant

Ricky… didn’t know you was down here… you could have stayed with us … we was scheduled to take the auto train back home april 1 .. BUT.. didn’t seem like a good idea … crowds … we cancelled the ride and sue called and we got a full refund … we will be driving up ..OR… we will stay another month down here … and then drive it up … the budget will take a hit so we will talk about it… at this point it is the new normal… hope you all will be safe and stay well… THIS SUCKS BIG TIME !!!!!!!

chuck and sue

ricky-white
                                        Participant

Thank you for the offer Kman we are down with fifth wheel trailer. Been camping in state parks right on beaches. Heading back tomorrow as Fla parks are closing. My biggest fear, is if this gets worst they may restrict travel, With my luck Emperor Cuomo will close NYS. Enjoy your stay. Looking forward to Cruising Ocean City MD in May hope that doesn’t get cancelled

babycakes
                                            Participant

I just got wind that the annual Lake George ‘Adirondak Car Show, is refunding all prepaid
                                                tickets to the show, in Sept.!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! Is this really necessary? Come on! It’s
                                                in September, not in the next few months!!!
                                                What next? The Americade, which brings in millions of dollars annually to this area!!!
                                                YES! I know this is ‘serious’,……but!!!……..Pete.

patina
                                                Participant

It is bad and nothing like any of us have seen. Instead of bitching and moaning follow the recommendations about social distancing, wipe all objects and calm down. Cakes a car show is just that, they have made money previously and will again. When you start seeing people you know die from this virus you might rethink your temporary inconvenience. My family and I are in the “underlying medical conditions” category I’m not taking any chances, unleast not until I finish my 57 Chevy. Safe trip Rick and Kman.

Pat

kman
                                                    Participant

Two huge events that will bring in millions to lake george… and have a big influence on taxes to residents… if these shows are cancelled then what are the taxpayers facing ?? … am i wrong ??? … enlighten me without sounding like a lawyer…

k

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Personally, I’ll say it ‘again’ so as not to be offensive to some! YES! This is “SERIOUS”,quote and unquote!
                                                            I’m really trying hard to understand why the Adirondak Car Show, in Sept. was canceled so soon? Maybe that
                                                            will change? “PRIORITY” now…this coronavirus to conquer!!!!!!
                                                            I just got an e mail from V Bob, Rhinebeck Annual Show in May, is canceled,and this will be the ‘1st.’ for
                                                            me,since it started…..but well ‘understand’the reasoning,for ‘health’issues, we may encounter there.
                                                            I’m sure the ‘Valley’s’Swap Meet,will follow suit,also,next month.
                                                            For sure it’s hurting ‘all’ sorts of business’s, big or small,and canceling sports events,ect. and only hope
                                                            and pray, things will get back to ‘normal’for all of us, once again!!!
                                                            Meanwhile,follow the professional ‘medical’ advise and proceedures, till this ‘Health Storm’ is captured !!!
                                                            Again…..just ‘my’ 2 cents worth…….Pete.

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Besides ‘cabin fever’ and watching the government’s restrictions, along with how there
                                                                doing, world wide,to find a cure for the virus, how ya holding up with your family,
                                                                through all of this? A ‘whole new ball game’ for me, to adapt to,and try my best!!!
                                                                KEEP THE ‘FAITH’ !!!!……Pete.

Viewing 15 posts - 7,711 through 7,725 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.