Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

….. HHHHMMMMMM 🙄 Craigs list …… Ill have to check it out , ……..so had leftover turkey and all the fixins for dinner tonite , 😀 my son left to go back to college in Virginia this mornin , and my duather left for Long Island for college in the afternoon 😀 ………………………………………… what did you do today ❓

dino
        Keymaster

Mater…you’de like this …worked all day on Produce Stand signs…One wirh a big sweet potato and the other an apple …10ft wide.

mikey

Been working on the wiring nightmare in the Willy’s. It’s no wonder some of the electronics in the car don’t work. I think that SEVERAL people have had a hand in adding, cutting, splicing, and rerouting the wiring in the car. I have not seen such a crappy wiring system in years, and I’ve seen some beauties. Some things weren’t even hooked up, or were wired incorrectly. The car has a retard box, and it only needs one wire to be hooked up to retard timing when starting the car. Not hooked up. No wonder I could never get the timing where I wanted it. The timing could only be advanced to where the car would start, and that was not enough for it to really run unless you used the NITROUS. I’m learning as I go, so far, three days on the wiring, but I’m almost done. Took one box out, I’m not using the air shift yet, and that is one less thing to worry about. I’ll put it back in sometime in the future. So now, I’ve just got the 7AL-2 box, the 3 step box, and the retard box. So far ,so good. Starts up and runs, sounds much better. Still have to hook up the neutral safety switch, and the line-loc. Then I’ll get the gauge lights all wired to a special switch, and I’ll be done. I’ve also decided to change the fuel to a standard type racing gas. I’m not happy with the gas I bought for it. I’m sure I’ll post on this again if the wires don’t attack me. ………Mikey 😮 😯 😆

maso
                Participant

tomatohead
                    Participant

…… Mikey that sounds real good I love when we all have progress on our cars 😀 I was wondering what type of gas you have been using and what kind are you going to get ❓ , the Fairlane has 12 : 1 , I use Cam 2 , I think its 112 octane and the car loves it 😀

vbob
                        Participant

HEY
                            Anyone out there know where to have headers coated in Connecticut.I know of one place Air Born in East Hartford.Thanks!
                            ‘V’

patina
                            Participant

Thats it! My coating is good old traditional Rustoleum silver amazingly it doesn’t burn off that much and then you just put another coat on 🙄

Pat

mikey
                                    quote Maso:

Thanks, Maso, but that book you could use for toilet paper when it comes to the type of wiring in my car. Besides that, I know you’re just busting my chops. ………Mikey 😆

mikey
                                        quote Tomatohead:

…… Mikey that sounds real good I love when we all have progress on our cars 😀 I was wondering what type of gas you have been using and what kind are you going to get ❓ , the Fairlane has 12 : 1 , I use Cam 2 , I think its 112 octane and the car loves it 😀

I refuse to answer that question until I finish further experimentation!! You guys are not going to laugh me out of the ODF for being stupid!! As far as compression, I’m not positive, but 12:5 to 13:5 is likely. Further information to follow. Mikey 🙄 😆

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

Hey Bobby, Bootie left an Eastwood catalog here for you. It has
                                            “do it yourself coating” or something like that. I’ll get it over to you soon.
                                            Frank…

dino
                                            Keymaster

2358 Topics here now …Like I tell the new guys …use the search feature, you’ll probably find it…I invented a new game today …while my plotter was cutting something….”Blind Dover Bluff” you go to a forum heading -Pick one like General Discussion or Old Car Locator ….go to bottom of heading page and pick a page number at random….then pick any old topic and it’s amazing what you forgot was covered.

patina
                                                Participant

Dino did you get into some moonshine 😯 😯 I can’t follow anything, and I put in “make no sense” in the search box. 🙄 🙄 🙄

Pat

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

…… oh no no no Mikey ,I was just thinking if you were having trouble with the timing (likebackfire out the carb at Island ) maybe its NOT the gas maybe you fixed the problem when you rewired the ign after you got your paper work from MSD, Right , Billy ❓ ( MAS RACING) ❓

mikey

OK, Mater, I will now proceed to make an ass out of myself. (Please pardon the vulgar word.) I tried some 104 Aviation gas in the car, what a mistake. Not thinking about it, i figured it was 104 octane, should be good, yes?? NO!! It seems to work Ok in low compression engines, but in high compression engines, it’s not even as good as regular ole’ 93 Octane pump gas. The car ran at least as bad as before I tried the av gas, maybe worse. It actually sounded, and smelled lean, got hot really quick, and if I held it at let’s say 2500 RPM steady, it would make a popping sound in the exhaust. Needless to say, it’s outa’ there! Today, I “bit the bullet” and went to a Speed Shop and bought 5 gallons of Sunoco 112 Octane. I’ll try it tomorrow Morning and see what it sounds like. If you guys see smoke, you’ll know it didn’t work, and the car is now a molten fiberglass ball in my driveway! I really think that this fuel should do the job, and I’ve got 95 3/4 of the wiring done. The car starts right up and runs Ok, just not quite good enough. I believe the fuel will fix that problem. I think, and this is not a joke, that I took roughly 35 to 40 feet of wiring out of the car. I have wired, and re-wired pretty much everything automotive, and I’ve never in the last 30 years seen such a pitiful mess of wires. I can’t really describe it, it was that bad. When I got the aluminum panel that holds the MSD Boxes out where I could see behind it, and up under the dash, I really though my heart skipped a couple of beats. Well, I’ve got it on the run now, and almost done. ………Mikey 🙂 😀 😎 😆 😆 😆 😆

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote mikey:

OK, Mater, … and the car is now a molten fiberglass ball in my driveway! …Mikey 🙂 😀 😎 😆

Oh…! say it isn’t so…! 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.