Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Drake Viscome arrived at my doorstep this morning! Had two jr dragster bodies strapped in the bed of his doolie.We’re gona trick them up ,so he can ship to Europe. Had his dog in the truck too -looked like “fred” from “Smokey & the Bandit”.Ol Drakester was jus the same! …full of stories and race memories .Good to see him after all these years in person.

bossguy

Gramdog asked me to post this pic of Don Kauers road 😆

Attachments:

babycakes
            Participant

Bossguy,UNBELIEVEABLE !!!! You’d have to see it to believe it! It looks like at least to be 3 cars high,maybe more! After seeing that,I won’t complain what we’ve got so far here in upstate N.Y.

bossguy

I think thats been photoshopped babbycakes, judging from the trees sticking out. If it’s for real I don’t want to live anywhere near there 😮

dino
                    Keymaster

Nope…Its Real…Japenese Alps…Click And see Video (Scrool Down) to see how they clear the snow
                        http://ientangled.blogspot.com/2010/12/deep-snow-road.html

bobby-s

more coming tues & wed, maybe even ice & sleet 😡 👿

Attachments:

babycakes
                            Participant

Depressing,hey,THINK SPRING! THINK DOVER 3 at the ‘Valley!!!!

don-kauer

Hey Jack how did you get a pic of my driveway…. 😆 ……You should have stopped in for coffee…You know it’s starting to look like that…….I never remember a winter like this in Westchester or The Bronx… 😯 …Oh well I hope this s–t is gone by JULY 4th!!!!!!! 😆 😆 😆 Great posts Jack…………….Don….

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY
                                        STILL SNOW ON MOUNT WASHINGTON ,N.H. IN JULY !!!IVE SEEN IT THERE IN AUGUST !
                                        YA NEVER KNOW! DINO, WHERES THE PICS OF DOVER DRAG STRIP CLOSED IN APRIL BECAUSE OF A SNOW STORM !!
                                        I THINK PHIL FLYNN HAS’em!
                                        ‘V’

dino
                                        Keymaster

Here’s DON clearing his driveway…He’s now called in some heavy equipment with 671 blowers and 80% in the tank. Rumor has it ,his pit bike now has studded tires and chains, so he can make it to the mailbox.

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

V-Bob …Here ya go …from Drag Times 1970
                                                looks like Chet made one pass with a front end loader and said “nope ,going home” .

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

April Fools Day Blizzard-March 31-April 1 -1997:

The 25.4 inches fell at Boston’s Logan International Airport ,made April 1997 the Boston’s snowiest April on record . Parts of New England received 50 to 70 mph wind gusts at the height of the storm .Providence recorded 18 inches nches of snow Other parts of New England reported more than 30 inches, up to three feet,with Worcester receiving 33 inches .The snow came down too fast for road crews to keep up with and roads became impassable and thousands of cars were stranded… about 1,000 motorists spent the night stranded in their cars and 4,000 stayed in shelters…portions of Interstate 95 and Route 128 were shut down because of the snow.
                                                    Electricity was knocked out for nearly 700,000 people .Nearly 13% of New England lost power, mainly due to trees falling on power lines and utility poles.Power crews from as far away as Canada came to help clean up the area.
                                                    Upstate New York received 32 inches inches and in some parts of New Jersey two feet of snow fell causing delays on commuter trains. A disaster was declared in eight northeast counties by Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge and the National Guard of the United States was dispatched to dig out cars. Interstate 84 had to be shut down because of a ten vehicle accident.
                                                    …………………………….Are we set up for a repeat?

gene-terenzio-sr
                                                    Participant

It was Jan 9 1981, We moved from Stamford Conn To Lake Ariel Pa. We loaded up 2 trucks and my trailer with the, Italian Stallion Funny Car in it. When we left Stamford it was snowing, We got to the Newberg bridge, and there was 6 in of snow on the ground. The plows were out they kept the roads pretty clean till we hit Madamoris, by then there was a foot of snow, My brother in law was driving one of our cars, He needed gas so he got off of Rt.84 some where and we still don’t know where, But any way we didn’t have any communication, He got gas and started out again he wound up on Rt.81 in Scranton, We had friends in Dunmore, He abandoned the car, went to a phone and called our friend, He was driving my 1975 Monza it sucked in the snow, Our friend came and picked him up and brought him to the house we were moving into, We got all the trucks unloaded while it was snowing, By that time the snow was about 18 ” and we had no way of plowing out the drive way, so everyone had to stay at our house, there were 8 of us, the next day i went over to the nabers across the street to find out who we could call to plow us out, by the time the snow stopped there was 3′ of snow on the ground, the road was as clean as a could be, I was impressed that they could keep it so clean, that was 1981, year after year the roads were kept supper clean, I don’t remember when but their roads started to get worst and worst year after year, 1993 we got 54′ of snow in 3 days of steady snow, Good thing I bought a snow mobile I taught, I went about 1 1/2 miles up the hill from our house to the only super market in the town at that time, It was closed, so we were stranded with what food we had in the house. theres a guy up the street that told me that in 1975 they got 4 ‘ of snow on easter Sunday. Now if we get 6’ of snow the roads suck cuz they downsized the road crews, we live on a Major high way, so the state plows us out, but at least we haven’t got that much snow in recent years compared to when we first moved here, I think that axis shift must have something to do with it. Gene PS when I first moved here i was paying $600.00 a year for property tax, Now i pay close to $5.000.00 and the town has nothing, no sewers, no garbage pick up, no police, no payed fire department. I think I’m getting screwed.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Ya THINK? In 1993…in Conn. we looked at each other as the rates kept going up and said “Why are we Staying here?” Wife’s parents had moved to Rockingham…they couldn’t afford Danbury….we visited a lot…compaired all the costs ….and been here ever since.Still pay 500.a year in property tax (2200 sq ft house) and have garbage pick-up,sewers, cops, paid fire dept, nice schools,….bunch of rednecks…I can live with that.

vbob
                                                            Participant

HEY
                                                                PACZKI DAY !!
                                                                I GOT MINE !
                                                                ‘V’
                                                                http://paczkiday.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.